Thursday, October 23, 2008

This Was Too Good To Not Share Right Away

Just in case any of you homeschoolers haven't heard about this yet, I wanted to pass it on. What a great offer for homeschooling groups!

Register Now for Free Art from
National Endowment for the Humanities

Dear HSLDA Members and Friends,

We are excited to share a fantastic learning experience for homeschool families.
The National Endowment for the Humanities has launched a new project aimed at inspiring Americans about our history through art masterpieces.

Entitled "Picturing America," the program offers free art prints and educational materials to homeschool families. HSLDA will supplement this with a free course and DVD, along with online materials, quizzes, and teacher's guide—all from a Christian perspective. Our free course will be available in April 2009.

The NEH will send you 40 huge, high-quality color reproductions (24 by 36 inches) of famous paintings and other art in March 2009. You will also receive a teacher's resource book with a wide range of ideas and background information to help you use the works of art in core subject areas. View the program's American masterpieces here >>.

Due to the high cost of these materials, and the fact that there are only 18,000 available, the reproductions will only be sent to groups of two or more families. We encourage you to work with local homeschool families and homeschool support groups to find homeschoolers in your area who also wish to take advantage of this program.

You will need to register online before Wednesday, November 12, to receive these materials. Your art collection and teacher resources will be sent to your group directly from NEH. Your information will not be shared with any other government agencies.
We hope that you take advantage of this unique opportunity to learn more about our nation's history and to encourage learning about fine art. Please contact us at generationjoshua@ hslda.org or 540-338-8608 if you have any questions.



__._,_.___

3 comments:

Lora @ my blessed life 1:19 AM  

Thanks for the heads up on this! I'm going to check it out.

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet 10:45 AM  

How cool! Thank you for posting this!! :D

Shynea @ Penny Pinching Diva 11:08 PM  

I would also like to tell you about something that homeschoolers can do. On my blog, I wrote this post about how families on a budget can help out their schools. Two of the programs that I talked about, Box Tops for Education and Campbell's Labels for Education allow homeschoolers to participate and earn money. I hope this can help you.

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP