Monday, October 13, 2008

Organizing My Computer Desk


I spend a lot of time at my computer desk. Usually it is where I spend my time every evening from 8:00 until midnight, or later, depending on when my husband gets home. This is when I get all of my blog reading and writing done.

But lately, my desk has been getting out of control. Besides my computer and blogging notes, this desk also houses all of our bills and household paperwork. The kids like to sit here and draw or spend a few minutes on the computer. It's definitely one of the biggest catch-all ares in our home.

After about 15 minutes of throwing away anything I possibly could and straightening other papers, this is how it looked.

The top middle cubbie is filled with Eric's business paperwork and receipts. I decided to not cross that dangerous territory of trying to sort through it all, so I just made it look a little neater. One of these days, I'd love to tackle the big cord mess under the computer also.

Find more Tackle It Tuesday over at 5 Minutes for Mom.

11 comments:

Michele @ Frugal Granola 11:07 PM  

Wow- Great job, Kate! :)

We used to have that same "catch-all computer desk setup." It was always so overwhelming to keep it tidy. I'm so glad that's gone! :)

It must make it so much easier to focus on your writing/reading. Nice job!

Blessings,
Michele :)

Jennifer 12:56 AM  

If you think that is bad you should see my desk! LOL There is a reason I don't take pictures of mine!

I am adding you to my blog roll. You have one of the best (if not the best) blog ever!

earthlingorgeous 8:40 AM  

Yeah I understand the computer desk just gets the most traffic mess and stuff! It just piles up and clutter is everywhere! Nice tackle! It does look much better now :)

Sonshine 9:56 AM  

Looks great!

Get yourself some of those velcro cable ties for "cleaning up" the cords.

Angie @ Many Little Blessings 2:36 PM  

Awesome job! I love those quick tackles that also look fabulous! :)

I need to work on the desks in this house!

Abbi 3:45 PM  

That is something that I need to do too!

Toni 3:59 PM  

Good job. I need to join this meme. Maybe it would help me get some things done!

April was in CA now MA 4:01 PM  

It looks great! I bet you'll breathe easier now that it's all tidy.

When we first got married we had the EXACT same desk! I did a double take then realized something looked familiar.

Unknown 6:38 PM  

Very, very nice. Will be a nice place to spend your time.

Meg Munson 9:45 PM  

Great tackle! Looks nice and tidy to get lots of work done!

Blessed Mommy 5:57 AM  

Your messy is my clean with regards to the computer desk. Great job.

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP