Monday, October 27, 2008

Chilly Nights, Big Blankets

Now that our nighttime temperatures have been consistently below 40 degrees, Eric and I have pulled out an extra blanket for our bed. In my opinion, there is nothing better than getting toasty under a few layers of blankets. It makes for some great sleeping conditions.

Some nights we even crack our bedroom window open a little bit to let some fresh, chilly air into our room. Falling asleep surrounded by the chilly air and smell of outdoors is one of my favorite things. Having it be cold enough that I can sleep in fuzzy socks is probably my second favorite.

Olivia and Gracie are just loving their feetie pajamas right now too. They make me wish I had a pair for myself. Isabelle and Alex get way too hot at night to be comfortable in warm, fuzzy pajamas, but they both enjoy snuggling under their fluffy blankets.

This time of year with the cooler temperatures and lull before the busy holiday season always makes me so grateful for just the little things on a daily basis.

Don't forget to stop by Heavenly Homemakers to share what you are grateful for this week.

6 comments:

Michele @ Frugal Granola 9:58 PM  

Kate, this is beautiful! :)
I love the chilly fall season too. I sleep so much better too when the room is a bit chilled (especially nice with fresh air through the window), and a big, heavy quilt!
Sweet Dreams!
Blessings,
Michele

Christina 10:07 PM  

me too! Autumn is my favorite time of the year. Since we live in chilly Montana, we already have two quilts and our down comforter on our bed (most nights, at least), which makes for some cozy sleep. Thanks for sharing. ; )

Anonymous,  10:42 PM  

Love those feetie jammies! My sister-in-law got a pair for Christmas last year. You should put that on your Christmas list!

Jen 10:55 AM  

I love the chill of the evening air. My Husband will not let me open the window at night, but I love stepping out on the deck and taking in a deep breath.

Laura 1:13 PM  

Seriously, they make footie jammies for mommies? Wow, that's something I'd like to see! I too am loving snuggling under thick quilts at night. The quilts are some my grandma made, which makes them EVEN warmer!!

MamaMia 3:08 PM  

I too love being able to snuggle under some heavy blankets! Fall and winter are my two favorite seasons!

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP