Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Revamping My Master Grocery List

Here is my updated grocery list. It seems like everything on the list has gone up at lest $.20-$.30 since I made this list out 6 months ago. Because of that, and because of some dietary changes we are implementing, Eric and I have decided to up our grocery budget from $300 to $360. What a blessing it is to be able to do this.

Produce

( ) 5 lb. bag Apples

( ) Grapes

( ) Strawberries

( ) Cantaloupe ($2.99)

( ) Bananas ($.48/lb)

( ) Celery [$1.99]

( ) Carrots ($.86/lb)

( ) Green Peppers ($1.50ea.)

( ) Zucchini ($1.99/lb)

( ) Parsley ($.99/bunch)

( ) Garlic [$.45/bulb]

( ) 3lb. bag Onions ($1.99)

( ) 5 lb. bag Potatoes [$2.99]

( ) Gingerroot

( ) Mushrooms ($1.99)

( ) Lettuce

( ) Cabbage

( ) Blueberries ($3.99)

( ) Peaches ($2.49/lb)

( )

Breads

( ) Wheat Hot dog buns ($1.69)

( ) Wheat Hamburger buns ($1.69)

( ) Whole wheat bread ($1.39)

( )

( )

( )

Snacks

( ) Wheat crackers [$1.17]

( ) Saltines

( ) Graham Crackers [$1.30]

( )

( )

( )

( )

( )

Cereal/Juice

( ) Quick Oats [$2.17]

( ) Apple Juice [$3.99]

( )

( )

( )

( )

( )

Coffee Aisle

( ) Coffee ($9.99)

( ) Tea

( ) Peanut Butter ($2.89)

( ) Strawberry preserves ($2.39)

( ) Honey ($2.65)

( )

( )

( )

( )

Beans & Grains

( ) Elbow macaroni [$2.39]

( ) Spaghetti noodles ($2.39)

( ) Lasagna noodles ($2.39)

( ) Large shell pasta ($2.39)

( ) Egg noodles ($1.24)

( ) Brown rice [$1.99]

( ) White rice ($1.69)

( ) Black beans ($1.19)

( ) Wheat berries

( ) Lentils ($1.19)

( ) Garbanzo beans ($1.19)

( ) Kidney beans ($1.19)

( ) Pinto beans ($1.19)

( ) White beans ($1.19)

( )

( )

( )

( )

( )

( )

Frozen

( ) Peas ($1.89)

( ) Corn ($1.89)

( ) Broccoli ($1.99)

( ) Spinach ($1.99)

( ) Mixed veggies ($1.99)

( ) Stir-fry veggies ($1.99)

( ) Cauliflower ($1.99)

( ) Ice cream ($3.99)

( )

( )

( )

( )

( )

Storage/Etc.

( ) Gallon freezer bags ($3.69)

( ) Quart freezer bags ($2.19)

( ) Fold sandwich bags ($1.65)

( ) Tin foil ($3.19)

( ) Plastic wrap

( )

( )

( )

Special Notes:

Meats

( ) Chicken breasts (2.5 lb. bag - $12.99)

( ) Chicken pieces

( ) Ground Beef

( ) Polish Sausage

( ) Pork Cutlets

( ) Turkey Cutlets

( ) Italian turkey sausage ($4.59)

( ) Breakfast Sausage ($3.99)

( ) Bacon ($3.99)

( )

( ) Ham or Turkey lunch meat

( ) Pepperoni

( )

( )

( )

( )

( )

Baking

( ) Maple Syrup

( ) Molasses

( ) White Flour [$1.98]

( ) Whole Wheat Flour

( ) Sugar ($2.36)

( ) Brown Sugar [$1.75]

( ) Powdered Sugar ($1.75)

( ) Corn Meal ($1.29)

( ) Yeast

( ) Vanilla extract

( ) Baking cocoa ($2.49)

( ) Chocolate chips ($1.74)

( ) Baking soda

( ) Baking powder

( ) Powdered milk ($2.69)

( ) Bread crumbs [$1.09]

( ) Olive oil ($6.59)

( ) Canola oil ($2.64)

( )

( )

Spices

( ) Sea salt

( ) Pepper

( ) Garlic salt

( ) Cumin ($3.29)

( ) Curry

( ) Cinnamon

( ) Chili powder

( ) Italian seasoning ($1.00)

( ) Thyme

( ) Dill

( )

( )

( )

Canned/Miscellaneous

( ) Tomato sauce [$.69]

( ) Tomato paste ($.79)

( ) Diced tomatoes [$.61]

( ) Canned fruit [$1.29]

( ) Applesauce ($1.91)

( ) Pudding [$.91]

( ) Jell-O ($.37)

( ) Mayonnaise [$2.39]

( ) Ranch dressing ($1.70)

( ) Ketchup

( ) Mustard [$.81]

( ) Worchestshire sauce

( ) Tamari

( ) Apple cider vinegar

( ) Relish

( ) Tuna [$.71]

( ) Salsa ($1.71)

( ) Tortillas ($2.49)

( ) Taco shells [$1.99]

( )

( )

( )

( )

( )

( )

Dairy

( ) Kroger brand 6pk. Yogurt [$1.69]

( ) 32 oz. yogurt ($2.59)

( ) Kefir

( ) Sour cream ($1.62)

( ) Ricotta cheese ($4.79)

( ) Butter ($3.29)

( ) 1 ½ doz. Eggs [$2.09]

( ) Cream cheese [$1.36]

( ) Sharp cheddar cheese [$3.19]

( ) Mozzarella cheese [$3.19]

( ) Parmesan cheese ($2.45)

( ) Whole Milk (1/2 g $1.99)

( ) Cottage cheese

( )

( )

( )

Special Occasion Purchases:


The prices on this list are the regular shelf prices. When I make out my monthly list, I write down any sales prices next to the regular price. I also mark down any coupons I have on this list. That way, I can come up with a pretty good estimate of what the total will be.

I still have to finish up my list for tomorrow so I'll finish up my posts on this tomorrow after all my shopping is done. I probably spend a total of three hours a month making out my menu plan, filling in my grocery, and totaling up the prices and coupons. It is definitely a worthwhile investment of my time though, both in the savings and the time it saves me in the long run through out the month.

0 comments:

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP