Monday, July 28, 2008

Washing Starchy Pots



I always get aggravated when I wash pots after cooking potatoes, pasta or rice. The starch just seems to cling to the surface and it isn't completely visible until after the pot is dry. I can't tell you how many times I've had to rewash pots used to cook starchy foods.

Well, at least I used to, until I learned a great tip. When washing starchy pots, let them soak in COLD soapy water. Hot water turns the starch gluey and makes it harder to wash off completely. But with cold water, it wipes right off. Then, just rinse the pot in hot water after it is clean. This is SO much easier than having to scrub at the starch or rewash the pot.

Tammy's Recipes has tons more Kitchen Tips so make sure you stop in.

7 comments:

Michele @ Frugal Granola 1:35 AM  

What a great tip! Thank you!! :)

Michele

SH 8:11 AM  

What a great tip! I've always had the same problem. Thank You.

JessieLeigh 2:34 PM  

What a fabulous tip! I would NEVER have thought to try that... thanks so much!

Monica 3:33 PM  

Wonderful! I have that same aggravation, glad to have something that will help out!

Anonymous,  7:42 PM  

Grandma said starch=cold water, protein=hot water and it works.
-katmaxx

JessieLeigh 3:40 PM  

Just a follow-up to say that I tried this trick out with a pan from sticky white rice last night and it worked beautifully! I am so appreciative for this tip!

Angie @ Many Little Blessings 1:38 AM  

I'm definitely going to have to give this a try! Thanks!

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP