Monday, July 28, 2008

Gratituesday: My Husband's Work Schedule

Our daily schedule is a bit unconventional for most people. Because we own our own commercial cleaning business, Eric has the ability to set his own hours. This means he is home with the children and myself most days and doesn't have to leave until around 4:00 pm. This has been such a blessing for all of us and our family is so close as a result.

I also benefit from this in more ways than I can say. Today was a perfect example. Due to some unexpected occurrences, I was behind in my work in the kitchen and growing more stressed out by the minute. I took a much needed break to sit down and enjoy lunch with the family. However, I was dreading the sink full of dishes that was waiting me when we were finished.

My wonderful husband realized this, and he, unasked and in the most helpful and loving way, washed all of the dishes for me and loaded the dishwasher. That was such a help to me and allowed me to get right back on track as if I'd never fallen behind to begin with.

I am so thankful for the family time we get to enjoy on a daily basis, and for my amazing husband. I am a blessed woman for sure.

To read what others are thankful for today, and to share your own thanks, to forget to stop in at Laura's blog.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  4:16 PM  

Me, too! I'm going to write a post about this sometime. My hubby teaches literally 1/2 block from our house. And it's a SMALL school so we are able to go visit him if we "need" to. Sometimes he even takes the kids to sports practice after school. We love "daddy accessibility!"

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP