Monday, July 21, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook #1

I am excited to write my first Simple Woman's Daybook post. I have really enjoyed reading many of these posts on others blogs for the past few weeks. I finally decided I wanted to join in on the fun too!

FOR TODAY: Monday, July 21, 2008


Outside My Window...


Everything is drying out after a rainy weekend. The children's toys are a bit messy and need to re-organized today. My basil plant needs to be trimmed before it starts flowering.


I am thinking...


This summer is just going by too fast and we've not done nearly as much as I hoped we would. I am excited for the beginning of a new week and the promise of productivity that comes with it.


I am thankful for...


We spent a wonderful family Sunday together. The day began with church, then brunch at home, swimming at the local high school and an early birthday dinner for our son who will be turning 4 on Tuesday. It was just one of those days when we all delighted in being together and having fun - my favorite kind of day!


From the kitchen...

There is leftover birthday cake to be finished. I made a homemade chocolate cake for the first time and it turned out perfectly.


After breakfast, I will start making lunch and dinner and should have them both completely done by 11:00 am.


I am wearing...


A long, plaid smocked sundress. It is so cool and comfortable.



I am creating...


Isabelle and I will be working on some collage pages for her home management binder this week.


I am going...


We will be going out for a walk after I finish making lunch and dinner. After lunch, we will head over to the library for a while.


I am reading...


At Home In Mitford by Jan Karon, Secrets from a Healthy Asian Kitchen by Ying Chang Compestine, and Can I Freeze It? by Susie Theodorou


I am hoping...


to get some of the things on our summer to-do list crossed off this week. I'd like to take the kids to the park at least this week also.


I am hearing...


The children are playing in their bedroom, waiting for Eric and I to get up. Otherwise, the house is quiet for a few more minutes.


Around the house...


Monday's are usually pretty hectic with catching-up on chores from the weekend. I have three loads of laundry that need to be folded and put away.


One of my favorite things...


Crawling into bed after a long day and reading for a while. I also love summertime because we sleep with our windows open a bit and a fan on, which lets us enjoy a nice breeze, and all the summertime smells and sounds.


A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...


We'll be spending a lot of time outside this week, weather permitting. I am going to start mapping out our school schedule for next year and order all of our supplies before the end of the month. We will also do something special on Tuesday for Alex's birthday, although I'm not sure what we'll do yet.
Here is picture thought I am sharing...



You can find more Simple Woman's Daybook here.

9 comments:

Unknown 9:01 AM  

Welcome to the Daybook! Doesn't it help you center your week? I agree, the summer is just flying by! Have a great week!

Trina 9:09 AM  

This tooid my first Monday with the Daybook. So we are newbies together :)! I am down in the south and we long to have some rain! Have a blessed week!

A happy heart at home 1:38 PM  

Welcome to the Daybook! I've posted mine, too.

That's great about your homemade cake coming out so well. I've never made a cake from scratch.

Happy almost birthday to your son!

~Susan

Love Bears All Things 2:03 PM  

Welcome! I enjoyed reading your first daybook. I envy you the cool temperatures and the rain. We are in the midst of our summer heat and draught here. We did get a shower on Friday afternoon which was enough to wet the patio and give the tomatoes a drink but it didn't last near long enough.
Umm! Chocolate cake.
Blessings,
Mama bear

Lauren 3:32 PM  

Hi! I've just found your blog through Michele@Frugal Granola. I'm been enjoying your posts and will be adding you to my reader!

I'm also working through Jan Karon's books. (For the second time!) I just finished At Home in Mitford and have started the next one.

KarenW 3:51 PM  

Welcome to the Daybook. I am fairly new too.

Sandra 4:06 PM  

Welcome to Daybook :) Thanks for sharing your day with us. I agree the summer is just flying, it's almost over isn't it?

Michele @ Frugal Granola 4:31 PM  

Oh, I'm so glad you started doing the Daybook, too! :) It is such an easy way of planning for my week.

I wish I could help you finish off that chocolate cake (maybe with a cup of tea)! :)
Blessings,
Michele

Anonymous,  8:40 PM  

Welcome! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!!

I just love those kinds of Sunday's!!We had one of those yesterday as well!! Those are memory makers!!!

Thanks for sharing,
Robyn
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/sonoranstamper/

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP