Monday, July 21, 2008

A Better Way to Butter Corn



We just love to eat corn on the cob every summer. We have it at least once a week while it is in season. And so every summer, I'm so happy I've learned a trick that makes buttering an ear of corn super easy, and also fun for the kids without being messy.

Here's how it works:

  1. Generously butter a piece of bread.
  2. Wrap the slice of bread around a hot ear of corn and slide it all over. The butter will melt off the bread and onto the corn.
  3. Eat and enjoy delicious buttery corn, and a piece of bread that now is slightly sweetened from the corn. No messy hands or dripping butter. Works every time!

Visit Tammy's Recipes for more kitchen tips.

4 comments:

Anonymous,  7:53 AM  

Good idea, Kate. You could also save the wrappers from your sticks of butter and use them on your ears of corn.

Sonshine 9:42 AM  

Interesting tip! I haven't heard of doing it that way before.

I have a Pampered Chef corn butterer that we use. :)

Nessa 1:05 PM  

Wow! I never would have thought of that! Great tip!

Lauren 9:55 AM  

What a great idea! We used to have a "corn butterer," but somebody left it too close to the pot when boiling the corn and melted it. I'm not saying who ;)

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP