Sunday, July 20, 2008

Menu Plan Monday - Week of 7/20



My planning for this week is a little off because of an early birthday dinner for Alex that we had tonight. He's turning 4 on Tuesday! Since Eric is not home for dinner during the week, and having dinner with Dad is always a big deal for the kids, we decided to do it early. So, my plan goes from Sunday to Saturday this week instead of the usual Monday-Sunday.

Breakfast

Su - French Toast
M- Oatmeal & Smoothies
T - Donuts from Tim Horton's (Birthday boy's special request. Half the fun is going out with dad in the morning to pick them up.)
W - Homemade English muffins, smoothies
Th - Banana pancakes
F - French Breakfast Puffs (made with whole wheat flour), smoothies
S - Bananas foster crepes

Lunch

Su - Leftovers
M - Pepperoni pasta salad, watermelon
T - Grilled cheese, strawberries
W - Leftover pasta salad, cantaloupe
Th - Ham & cheese sandwiches, plums
F - Quesadillas, black bean and corn salad, yogurt
S - Tuna pasta salad, grapes

Dinner

Su - Sloppy Joe's, corn on the cob, watermelon, onion straws, chocolate cake (This cake turned out awesome!)
M - Curry chicken crepes, mixed greens salad
T - Black bean and rice wet burritos, skillet corn
W - Ground turkey taco salad
Th - Chicken and spinach spaghetti
F - Pink pasta for the kids, E & K date night at home (probably take-out from our favorite restaurant)
S - BLTs, homemade french fries, mixed berry salad
You can find more Menu Plan Monday over at I'm An Organizing Junkie.

5 comments:

Brenda 7:50 AM  

The pink pasta recipe definitely looks like something my family would love! Thanks for the recipe!

Laura 11:04 AM  

Hope the birthday boy had a great time! It SOUNDS like he surely did!

Anonymous,  12:05 PM  

I discovered the onion straw recipe yesterday! Looks yummy! I love how she has such great detail pictures...even a horrible cook like me couldn't screw that up, right?

teachermomof2 2:24 PM  

I also think the pink pasta recipe looks great! Thanks for sharing!

Have a blessed week!

Lisa

Melanie 3:56 PM  

Thanks for so many great ideas. I need a cake for Bible Study tomorrow, and your's looks like a winner.

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP