Thursday, July 10, 2008

Searching for My Ambition

I seem to have misplaced my ambition for conquering my clutter. It seems to have gotten lost somewhere in the middle of warm, sunny days and trying out some new recipes in my kitchen. So, if anyone happens to stumble across it, could you please be so kind as to send it back my way? Thanks!

In the meantime, I will rely on the accountability and encouragement of the Conquer the Clutter challenge over at Happy To Be At Home. And seeing as how I'm supposed to be helping provide that encouragement, I'll begin by encouraging myself the best way I know how - baby steps! For me, the best way to always get back on track is to take baby steps back toward where I want to be. Hence this post.

One of the largest areas of clutter that I constantly ignore is my closet and dresser drawers. I have clothes in there that I do not wear anymore and will never wear again. Some are from high school, some are just not me anymore, and a lot of them are size 4 that I just haven't been able to let go. I can tell myself over and over again that having 3 children in 3 1/2 years hasn't permanently altered my body, and that someday I WILL fit in those clothes again, but I know that's just not the truth.

So that is my next clutter-conquering goal. I will donate whatever I can that has not been worn in the past year. I will throw away whatever is not good enough to donate. I will not try to convince myself that I could fit into something again someday in the future. I will not cry when I pack up that cute little black and gray suit I got when I was 21. I will not try to talk Isabelle into wanting my Girbaud or Z. Cavaricci jeans from high school. I also will not cry when I realize how empty my closet and drawers are now, or when I realize that the clothes I do have left loudly proclaim: "I am 31 and the mother of 4 children!"

There are big days ahead for me here - conquering the physical clutter as well as the emotional clutter.


And don't forget, if you'd like to join us in our mission to End 08 Great with 6 months of challenges, head on over to Happy To Be At Home and join in the fun!

0 comments:

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP