Thursday, July 10, 2008

Frugal Friday: Swapping Toys


Do you ever get tired of kids toys that get played with for about a week (if even) and then are completely abandoned? I know I certainly do, to the point where I've thought of getting rid of 90% of the toys in our house because they just never get played with anyhow.


I've realized that this is a universal frustation in many homes. So here is an idea that is both frugal and that helps with
conquering the clutter: TOY SWAPPING.


It's a really simple idea. Find a family (or two or three, the more the merrier) with children whose ages are fairly close to yours and arrange to swap a box full of toys with them once a month, twice a month, or even every week. The children all get new toys to play with for a certain period of time, you don't have lots of extra, unplayed with toys cluttering up your home, and you don't have to buy new toys for the children because you know that they will be getting "new" things to play with all the time.

For more Frugal Friday, don't forget to visit Crystal's blog.

2 comments:

Audra Krell 12:20 AM  

I wish I had thought of this when my kids were younger. I guess I should adapt and have them swap video games from time to time! I love your profile, your goals are admirable.

Unknown 4:51 PM  

What a great idea! We frequently pass toys down to my nephew, but we don't have a family to swap with ourselves. Maybe I'll look for one. :)

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP