Sunday, June 29, 2008

Conquering My Clutter



Toni, Joy and I are starting a challenge series over at Happy To Be At Home for the next 6 months to help us all end '08 great! You can read all about it here.

Our challenge for the month of July is to Conquer the Clutter. I will be working on my clutter a week at a time in 15 minute increments. Although if I get really into a project as I'm working, I will continue to work until I'm done.

Here is what I plan to conquer this week:

  1. Isabelle's wardrobe - She does a fantastic job of keeping her clothes folded, but does that really help when there are too many clothes on one shelf to begin with? Also, she has a VERY hard time letting go of clothes that no longer fit. (Sound familiar?) So, I will be boxing up everything that is too small, and then reorganizing her shelves so she can see what she really has.
  2. 3rd Grade school materials - We are officially done with the formal side of our homeschool for the year. I need to sort through all of the papers from the past year to decide what to save and what can be thrown away. I also need to box up the textbooks and workbooks for storage.
  3. The cabinet above our coffee pot - This is a catch-all cabinet in our kitchen and it really needs to be organized. Somethings in there right now...vitamins, turtle food, hot cocoa mix, baby bottles, a paper cutter, bubbles, and coffee filters. It's a little out of control.

I will be posting before and after pictures when I am done!

Please come join us in our challenge.

For more Making Your Home A Haven, please visit Crystal's blog.

2 comments:

Tracy 1:09 PM  

This is awesome! I will do this with you. I've been reading your blog for about two months now and find it really encouraging.

I have a lot of de-cluttering to do!

Kate 11:19 PM  

Tracy, that's great! Thanks so much for joining the challenge. I personally need all the accountability and encouragement I can get when it comes to de-cluttering.

Thanks!

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP