Sunday, June 29, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

This week I am carrying a few things over from last week that I did not get to make. I went grocery shopping on Saturday to see how shopping once a week will work for me throughout the summer. The verdict is still out on this one. I did stock up on tons of fresh fruits and veggies though, although just the grocery store variety. I hope to make it to that u-pick farm I just found by next weekend though.


Breakfast


M - Baked French toast, blueberries
T - Chocolate chip banana muffins
W - Crepes w/ strawberries
Th - Oatmeal & Toast
F - Leftover muffin & crepes
S - Cinnamon rolls
Su - Monkey bread, bananas

Lunch


M - Quesadillas, watermelon
T - Pizza grilled cheese,* cantaloupe
W - Tuna pasta salad, cantaloupe
Th - Hummus & pitas, red grapes
F - Not sure yet, it will depend on Eric's schedule. We'd like to go for a picnic.
S - Chicken salad sandwiches, strawberries
Su - Scrambled eggs w/sausage & cheese, biscuits

Dinner


M - Spaghetti, fresh green beans
T - Chicken & grape pasta salad, garlic breadsticks
W - Taco salad w/ black beans & skillet corn
Th - Chicken, spinach, and garlic spaghetti, kiwi & strawberry salad
F - Bratwurst, Parmesan oven fries, grilled pineapple
S - California club sandwiches, watermelon, 3-bean salad
Su - Cheeseburgers, crash hot potatoes, corn on the cob


* Pizza grilled cheese is simply a grilled cheese made with mozzarella. You can also add other pizza toppings to the sandwich before grilly. (Pepperoni and thin slices of green pepper is very good.) Once grilled, cut the sandwich into quarters and dip in pizza sauce. For pizza sauce, I just use a small can of tomato paste mixed with 1 t. olive oil, 2 T. water, 1 t. Italian seasoning, 1 t. garlic salt, 1/2 t. sugar, and 1/4 t. crushed red pepper flakes.
For more Menu Plan Monday, head over to Heavenly Homemakers, where Laura is hosting MPM for this week.

6 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart 8:10 AM  

I'm so glad I stopped by your blog.I had come across those crashed potatoes recipe last week and wanted to make them and forgot who posted them lol. Your menu looks great.
Blessings,
Kim

Laura 8:57 AM  

Ooh! Can I come to the U-Pick farm with you?! That sounds like such a fun place to go! What will you get there?

Kristi 9:43 AM  

Thanks for the Crash potatoe recipe. So fun!

Unknown 11:43 AM  

Looks de-LISH!!!
Thanks for the 'recipe' for pizza grilled cheese - I will try that. Always looking for variations for lunch during summertime.

Alaina 10:49 PM  

Delicious! Everything looks so good!

Teresa 3:30 PM  

Ok, the pizza grilled cheese sounds like something the kids would love. Maybe we'll try it this week instead of our regular plain grilled cheese sandwiches. thanks, Kate!

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP