Monday, March 24, 2008

Meal Plan Monday

I'm sure we are among the scores of families out there with lots of leftover ham this week. We probably have at least 5 pounds of usable ham slices still on the bone. My plan for that this week is to use some one night in a meal, and then to portion, package and freeze the rest. Then I plan to use the hambone to make a large pot of split-pea soup, which will also be portioned and frozen. Here is the rest of my Menu Plan for the week.

Breakfast
M - Pancakes
Tu - Baked oatmeal
W- Pancakes
Th - Cold cereal, toast, bananas
F - French toast
S - Homemade cinnamon rolls
Su - Leftover cinnamon rolls

Lunch
M - Quesadillas, Leftover fruit salad
Tu - Leftover pasta salad, Applesauce, Cheese slices
W - Egg salad sandwiches, Peach slices
Th - Pizza grilled cheese, Mandarin oranges
F - Mac & Cheese, Apple slices
S - Split Pea Soup, Homemade English muffin bread (double & freeze 1 loaf)
Su - Ham & Cheese omelet, Homemade hash browns w/onions and peppers

Dinner
M - Chicken & Dumplings, Mixed veggies
Tu - Straw & Hay (w/ ham & peas)
W - Bangers & Mash, English peas
Th - Veggie Marinara sauce (from freezer, frozen earlier in month) over spaghetti, Homemade garlic bread
F - Shepherd's Pie (from freezer, frozen earlier in month)
S - Pork tenderloin, brown rice pilaf, zucchini, onion & garlic saute
Su - BBQ pork sandwiches (w/ leftovers), homemade french fries, cinnamon apples

Because I am going to use some of my freezer meals this week, I hope to use the extra time to make a double batch of molasses cookies and oatmeal cookies and freeze the dough in small portions to bake a dozen or so at a time.



For more Menu Plans, please be sure to visit Laura's Blog.

2 comments:

Teresa 6:57 PM  

Ok, what is banger's and mash? I can't even begin to guess what it is. lol
I am so hoping that I can make chicken and dumplings soon. The children and I all love it, but my husband is not quite so enthusiastic. He has a few nights where he'll be gone in the next few weeks so i'm thinking i'll just do it then.

Kate 7:52 PM  

Teresa, bangers & mash is traditional English Pub fare. Basically, it is sausages and mashed potatoes. The sausages (I unauthentically use turkey sausage)are cooked and browned in a skillet, and then served along side mashed potatoes, and everything is covered with a pan reduction sauce made in the sausage skillet. It is delicious!

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP