Tuesday, April 01, 2008

WFMW: My Favorite (So far)

Since this is only my fifth week participating in WFMW, I did not have a large selection to choose from, but this is my favorite of the ones I've done so far. Enjoy!




I always used to fold my kitchen towels into nice tidy squares and fit them ever-so-perfectly into their little designated spots in their kitchen drawer. Then the kids started getting older and using my kitchen towels to wipe their hands, their faces, their spills, or to make capes or "flying wings." Thus, the nice and neat kitchen towel drawer was always a mess. And, there were about a dozen towels a day being used. And, I had little ones who always wanted to help fold laundry and their idea of a perfectly folded towel square looks absolutely nothing like mine. And, I was rearranging the kitchen and realized I had a big drawer free. Long story short, you know what I've found really works for me? NOT FOLDING THE KITCHEN TOWELS AT ALL!!! This brilliant idea solved all the little dilemmas presented in each of the "ands" above. Now, my big kitchen drawer is jam-packed with piles of towels "folded" by my 2 and 3 year olds, always ready to be grabbed out by the next messy hand. What a relief this has been to me. Sometimes it really helps to lighten up a little. For more great Works For Me Wednesday ideas, please go here.

8 comments:

Melanie 11:23 PM  

LOLOL!

Pssst... wanna know a secret? I don't fold socks. And a lot of the underwear. Shhhh!

Laura 8:29 AM  

So Smart!! I let my kids fold our kitchen towels too...and put them into the drawer. So, you know what happens between the time they fold them...and when they actually make it into the drawer? Yeah, my drawer looks a lot like yours. :)

Teresa 11:16 AM  

I don't have a drawer that I have room to put my dishtowels in, but I do have a little basket under my sink.

Since it's the 2 yo's job to put them away and since they just get thrown in there anyway, I just hand them to her unfolded. lol

My Trendy Tykes 12:28 PM  

LOL, Great tip!

Linda

GeonHui's Bakery 3:06 PM  

He he! I do this with my sons socks and underwear.

Thanks for the tip!
Linds

Michelle@Life with Three 3:44 PM  

I'm so glad to know that someone else's kitchen towels get used as "flying capes!" :-) Great suggestion!

Michelle@Life with Three 5:22 PM  

Hey, Kate:

Thanks so much for stopping by! Sorry to post this here -- I couldn't locate your email -- but I wanted you to have the "recipe" for the garbanzo beans (cause I love them!). To oven-roast garbanzo beans, I take a can and rinse them under water. Then, I spread them out on a cookie sheet with 1 to 2 Tbs. olive oil (depending on the size can you use) and a generous sprinkling of salt. I roast them at 450 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes. Enjoy!

BTW,

Nicole 1:00 AM  

lol this is what I do but only because I am way too lazy to fold them all up.

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP