Wednesday, April 02, 2008

How much was that total?

So we got our monthly grocery shopping done today. Last night I spent an hour or so totaling up my list and putting together the Kroger deals (they have something new this week...it worked out well for us). The total I came up with for the trip, based on the regular prices I have typed into my master list and the sales prices, was $257.23. The grand total at check-out? $220.07! I am still in a state of shock over this. I haven't had a chance to sit down with my receipt and my list to figure it out yet. But I'm definitely happy! Eric's first thought was that I must not have gotten everything on my list. I double checked it and there were a few things I did not get. I did not get a 3rd carton of 1 1/2 doz. eggs because the dates went only until mid-April. Same with one 4-pack of Yogurt. But that's it! That's only $3.68 difference, not $37! I know it seemed like there were a ton of unadvertised sales this week. I didn't realize there were that many though. I wonder if they've lowered some prices on certain items? That wouldn't seem likely with the market and the food industry the way it is right now. I feel like this a mystery that has to be solved. I'll let you know what I come up with when I'm done poring over the receipt. But in the meantime, if you have a Kroger nearby, it might be worth taking a trip there this week!

2 comments:

Anonymous,  11:12 PM  

Yeahhhhhh for you!!!! Great job!!! With rising grocery costs, it's SO rewarding to go shopping and get a 'lower than expected' total!!!!!
Have a wonderful day!!
Christy

Anonymous,  9:05 PM  

Brad went shopping for me at Kroger this morning and made out on their new "if you buy 10 deal". He bought only items we regularly use and by getting 10 of each got discounts on the total price. My guy has learned to be a deal seeker too! He still is not a coupon shopper but I'm working on that too ; )

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP