Sunday, January 10, 2010

For A Good Cause


I'd like to share a note from a friend of ours. I encourage you to read her short story, visit her site and consider donating to help raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

My name is Tarah McLeod and I just signed up to do my first marathon through Team in Training to raise money for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS). The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is the world's largest voluntary health organization dedicated to funding blood cancer research and providing education and patient services. They have invested more than $680 million in research since 1949 - over $69 million in 2009 - specifically targeting leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma. Last year alone, LLS made 4.9 million contacts with patients, caregivers and healthcare professionals.

My coworker Mary Jo was diagnosed with stage 4 Hodgkin's Lymphoma when when was in her late 20's, with years of treatments and tons of support, she has proudly been cancer free for over 10 years. I joined this cause to help many more join Mary Jo in becoming cancer free.

If you could, please view my website - even the smallest donation can save so many!

0 comments:

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP