Sunday, December 13, 2009

Time Slips

Where is the time going this month? It feels like we just got home from Disney World and now Christmas is less than two weeks away. The kids have one more week of school before Christmas break begins and it's going to be a busy one. I don't see our schedules slowing down any time soon.

We fell behind in our advent calendar and today we got caught up. In other words, we lost 4 days in as many seconds. Or at least that's what it felt like.

I truly love this crazy roller coaster of life that we're on right now. Eric and I are an awesome team as we work together to nurture our marriage, love and raise our children and grow our respective businesses. It's busy and means our days are jam-packed, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

It's just the season we're in right now. The best thing we can do is to enjoy the ride.

But I just wish time would slow down for a while. Oh, and an extra 8 or 10 hours in a day probably wouldn't hurt too much either.

The busier we get, the more I realize the need to create and work a schedule that includes everything. For the next two weeks, as we finish Christmas shopping, baking and packing, I plan to schedule in some quiet time to just BE in front of the tree. A little time for reflection, prayer and praise.

After all, we really do need to remember to be thankful that we are so busy.

0 comments:

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP