I love wrapping up a Sunday night after a full and productive weekend spent with the family. We had a wonderful two days together. Saturday we got a few more things knocked off of Christmas list. I love the fact that our kids rarely complain when we go on a marathon shopping trip. In fact, they have as much as Eric and I do.
Today was a lazy Sunday, the kind we love best! I made my first (finally!) batch of Christmas cookies. Then we put together a gingerbread house that looks like it was put together by a 10 year, a 5 year old, a 4 year and a 2 year old. But we love it and I know we'll enjoy looking it all season long.
This week is busy, but definitely not as full as I'd expect a few weeks before Christmas. Which is good, because it she give us plenty of time to get lots more cookies and candies made. On Monday night, we are going to our little town's tree lighting, where Isabelle and her class will be singing two songs. On Tuesday night, my father-in-law is going to come watch the kids while Eric and I go Christmas shopping for them. We are really looking forward to that!
Here's what we'll be eating this week.
- Waffles, pancakes, muffins, smoothies, cereal, oatmeal
- Turkey salad sandwiches, soup, leftovers, PB & J roll-ups, Israeli couscous salad, fruit, veggies
- M - Spaghetti, Italian green beans
- T - Pizza soup, Italian bread sticks (for my father-in-law and the kids)
- W - Sherry's Aussie Chicken, garlic smashed potatoes, broccoli
- Th - Mexican Rice Bowls, salad
- F - Crepes with cherry-almond sauce, sausage patties
- S - Appetizer dinner - appetizers TBD
- Su - Cabbage & Sausage soup