Sunday, December 06, 2009

Menu Plan Monday ~ Week of December 7

I love wrapping up a Sunday night after a full and productive weekend spent with the family. We had a wonderful two days together. Saturday we got a few more things knocked off of Christmas list. I love the fact that our kids rarely complain when we go on a marathon shopping trip. In fact, they have as much as Eric and I do.

Today was a lazy Sunday, the kind we love best! I made my first (finally!) batch of Christmas cookies. Then we put together a gingerbread house that looks like it was put together by a 10 year, a 5 year old, a 4 year and a 2 year old. But we love it and I know we'll enjoy looking it all season long.

This week is busy, but definitely not as full as I'd expect a few weeks before Christmas. Which is good, because it she give us plenty of time to get lots more cookies and candies made. On Monday night, we are going to our little town's tree lighting, where Isabelle and her class will be singing two songs. On Tuesday night, my father-in-law is going to come watch the kids while Eric and I go Christmas shopping for them. We are really looking forward to that!

Here's what we'll be eating this week.

Breakfasts

  • Waffles, pancakes, muffins, smoothies, cereal, oatmeal
Lunches
  • Turkey salad sandwiches, soup, leftovers, PB & J roll-ups, Israeli couscous salad, fruit, veggies
Dinners
  • M - Spaghetti, Italian green beans
  • T - Pizza soup, Italian bread sticks (for my father-in-law and the kids)
  • W - Sherry's Aussie Chicken, garlic smashed potatoes, broccoli
  • Th - Mexican Rice Bowls, salad
  • F - Crepes with cherry-almond sauce, sausage patties
  • S - Appetizer dinner - appetizers TBD
  • Su - Cabbage & Sausage soup
Don't forget to stop by Org Junkie for your menu planning fix!

2 comments:

SnoWhite 9:26 PM  

I LOVE Sherry's chicken -- yum.

UnfinishedMom 10:36 PM  

See, I can't bring myself to make smoothies when it's cold out. Maybe after a day of baking in the kitchen, but not for breakfast when the house is just barely warmed up.

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP