Monday, December 07, 2009

How To Eat A Pound Of Bacon

Two weekends ago, we went out to do some post-Thanksgiving Christmas shopping at a large outlet mall about an hour away. While we were there, we decided to stop for lunch. Eric wanted to take us to a restaurant he's been telling me about for years - Tony's in Birch Run, MI.

Tony's is a small, unassuming place located across the street from the outlet mall. But their food and their menu is anything but unassuming. Order an omelet for breakfast, and you'll get one made with a dozen eggs. A breakfast burrito weighs in at 7 pounds. A side of bacon isn't the measly 2 or 3 slices you get at most restaurants. Oh no, at Tony's, you get a full pound.

The one item Eric had been telling me about the most was the BLT made with a whole pound of bacon. Since we are both avid bacon lovers, I didn't see where we had any choice but to order the BLT.


In addition to the whole pound of bacon, each BLT is made on thick cut Italian bread with the standard lettuce, tomato and 2 to 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise. This sandwich is not meant for the faint of heart.

There was no earthly way I could have eaten my whole sandwich. In fact, I decided to ditch the bread after just a few bites. Why fill my stomach with unnecessary filler when there was all that bacon in front of me? Sadly, I ended up leaving some of the bacon on my plate too.

But Eric? He tackled that sandwich!


We chose to forgo dinner that night. I think it was a wise decision.

I'm sure we'll go back to Tony's at some point in the future, but it's definitely not the kind of place we'll stop at regularly. I don't think our hearts our waistlines could handle it!

Stop by 5 Minutes For Mom for more Tackle It Tuesday.

6 comments:

Cate 10:54 AM  

I'm seriously drooling. I think I would have ditched the bread, too. Why eat anything else when you can eat bacon?

Sarah at SmallWorld 12:35 PM  

Wow! That is a lot of bacon! My husband would pretty much eat anything if I put bacon on it!

Angela @ Nine More Months 2:41 PM  

Oh my gosh! That is the biggest BLT I've ever seen. Kudos to your hubby for being able to finish it!

If you have a chance, stop by my Tackle-It Tuesday and say hi!

Pamela M. Kramer - A Renaissance Woman 3:30 PM  

That is some serious LOVE for bacon! lol - Great post.

Christi 7:42 PM  

that's serious bacon love! man vs food ... man won!

Michelle 12:19 PM  

Love Tony's! But it takes me 3 or 4days to eat that sandwhich.

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP