Sunday, October 04, 2009

Menu Plan Monday ~ Week of 10/4


Our apple picking trip was rained out this weekend. So we crossed another item off our list and spent the day in Frankenmuth, MI instead. It was a great day! And don't get me started on the awesome chicken dinner we had. That meal alone is worth the 90 minute drive for sure!

Unfortunately, all of my apple plans are on hold for this week though. I think I'll try and get some baking done for the freezer. I really like having baked goods in the freezer for breakfasts and after school snacks. I got a head start on a few things today and plan to finish up tomorrow hopefully.

Breakfasts

Lunch

  • M - Tuna pasta salad, applesauce
  • T - 15-Bean soup leftovers, crackers
  • W - Quesadillas, pears
  • Th - PB & honey sandwiches, yogurt
  • F - Pizza pockets, pears
  • S - Hummus & pitas, carrots & celery sticks
  • Su - To be determined

Dinner

  • M - Creamy cheese & chicken enchilads, black bean salad
  • T - Beef stew & biscuits
  • W - Curry chicken & broccoli casserole, tossed salad
  • Th - Ham & cheese strata, maple-glazed carrots
  • F - Taco lentils over rice, cantaloupe
  • S - Chicken & dumplings or chicken pot pie
  • Su - Salisbury steak, mashed potatoes, garlic zucchini & mushroom saute
Stop by Org Junkie for hundreds more menus.

3 comments:

SnoWhite 7:45 AM  

looks like a great week. the rain around here was not so fun this weekend. hopefully there will be a sunny weekend to go apple picking -- we're hoping to get that in too.

blessings on your week!

Rita T. 10:35 PM  

You have a great plan. I'm seeing all of these new menu plan Monday buttons, I think I'd best update mine! Have a wonderful week.

Colored With Memories 11:52 PM  

so funny you mention frankenmuth! my mom is from MI, and every time she goes, she takes my grandma up to frankenmuth...a three hour drive for them. i have heard about this chicken dinner for years...i must try it at some point!!!

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP