Thursday, October 29, 2009

Friendship


This week, I was reminded how much I value the friendship from my online friends.

I know there are nay-sayers who scoff at the idea that you can truly be friends with someone you've never met before. I think I actually used to fall into that category myself. But I am proud to say I consider my online friends some of the best friends I've ever had.

And I've actually met some of them in person too, so I know they're really real.

The week started with a phone call from Toni. When the first words out of someone's mouth are "seriously?" instead of hello, you know they are a real friend.

When I logged back in to twitter today for the first time in a few days, I was blown away to see all the thoughts, prayers and well-wishes filling up my tweet stream. I was so overwhelmed, I had to close twitter, because I didn't have the time I wanted to personally thank everyone.

But I say it now...thank you to all my friends who wished us well this week. You are as special to me as that third cup of coffee I drink in a quiet moment in the middle of the afternoon. And since you are my friends, you'll know how much that really means to me!

Then, when the phone rang this morning and I saw it was Amy, I had to smile. I'd missed 2 days of our email correspondence and she just wanted to check up on me and make sure I was okay.

Is there anything finer than friendship like that?

I truly feel blessed to have this tiny, close-knit community of friends that is spread all across the country.

Stop by Amy's Finer Things for more Finer Things Friday.

4 comments:

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet 10:38 AM  

What a blessing! :D I'm amazed at how many really and truly care out there that I haven't even seen.

Jennifer 7:21 PM  

I hope everything is OK. I have made some close friends online too and it is wonderful.

Amy @ Finer Things 4:29 PM  

I felt SO MUCH better after hearing your voice. :) Glad everyone is on the mend.

Kelly @ Wisdom Begun 9:10 AM  

:-( I've been worried, too! I'll try calling you later today! Hugs and love!

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP