Friday, September 18, 2009

Weekend Linkage - This and That Edition

I haven't felt this ready for a weekend in a long time. The past two weeks have been wonderfully exciting and chaotic, but I'm looking forward to a little down time. I'm also looking forward to re-establishing some sense of normalcy next week as we all adjust to our new routines.

We don't have many plans for this weekend, which is exactly what I want. Tomorrow we're planning a trip to Sam's Club and maybe Salvation Army to look for that table we still need to find. Other than church on Sunday, I think that sums up our plans. Eric and I will probably watch a movie together after the kids go to bed tomorrow night, if we can stay awake for it. I haven't been this tired in years!

This weekend linkage post is about as scatter-brained as I've been feeling lately. So don't look for a theme, but do go check out all these great posts and sites.

  • Now that the kids are all getting older, we'll soon be at a point where we can do a family game night that includes all of us. I can't wait! And after reading Amy's post about family game night, I have some great new games to add to my list.
  • I've also wanted to grow potatoes for some reason. Maybe it's because we eat a ton of them! So I was very intrigued by Jennifer's post on their potato box.
  • I like participating in memes. They give me a good jumping off point when I just don't know what to write about. And even when I do know what I want to write, they help me stick to a pretty basic schedule here. So I'm excited to share a few new ones that I've recently learned about - Liz at Hoosier Homemade hosts Cupcake Tuesdays. She also just started Frightful Fridays that will run until Halloween.
  • Amy at Simply Sugar & Gluten-Free hosts Slightly Indulgent Mondays.
  • And next week, Life As MOM is going to be teaming up with some great bloggers for A Fall Festival of Fun, Food and Friends. I am really looking forward to this since fall is my absolute favorite time of the year. I'm planning to participate every day, but we'll see how it goes. Here's a quick run-down of the schedule if you want to join in the fun too: Monday - Feathering Your Nest at Hoosier Homemade; Tuesday - Falling For Fun at Daily Dwelling; Wednesday - Fall Traditions at Simply Sugar and Gluten Free; Thursday - A Special Fall-Themed Ultimate Recipe Swap at Life As MOM; and on Friday - Finer Things of Fall at Amy's Finer Things.
Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart 6:50 AM  

Thanks for the link love!
Have a fabulous weekend.
Kim

Sue 9:42 AM  

Enjoy a nice quiet weekend Kate. Ours will be pretty much the same, especially since I'm trying to recover from a cold.

Amy Green (Simply Sugar & Gluten-Free) 5:41 AM  

Thanks for sharing my blog carnival with your readers! I hope you're having a fabulous weekend. I can't sleep (it's rare that this happens, but it does once in a while) so I'm finally catching up on my Google Reader. :) Hugs! Amy

Jennifer 9:29 AM  

Thanks for the link! I have always loved growing potatoes, so was disappointed at how few we got with the potato box. I think going back to our standard way in a 4x4 foot box will be the way we go next year. Good luck! They really are easy to do, its just that you don't know what you get until the end of the season.

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP