I haven't felt this ready for a weekend in a long time. The past two weeks have been wonderfully exciting and chaotic, but I'm looking forward to a little down time. I'm also looking forward to re-establishing some sense of normalcy next week as we all adjust to our new routines.
We don't have many plans for this weekend, which is exactly what I want. Tomorrow we're planning a trip to Sam's Club and maybe Salvation Army to look for that table we still need to find. Other than church on Sunday, I think that sums up our plans. Eric and I will probably watch a movie together after the kids go to bed tomorrow night, if we can stay awake for it. I haven't been this tired in years!
This weekend linkage post is about as scatter-brained as I've been feeling lately. So don't look for a theme, but do go check out all these great posts and sites.
- Now that the kids are all getting older, we'll soon be at a point where we can do a family game night that includes all of us. I can't wait! And after reading Amy's post about family game night, I have some great new games to add to my list.
- I've also wanted to grow potatoes for some reason. Maybe it's because we eat a ton of them! So I was very intrigued by Jennifer's post on their potato box.
- I like participating in memes. They give me a good jumping off point when I just don't know what to write about. And even when I do know what I want to write, they help me stick to a pretty basic schedule here. So I'm excited to share a few new ones that I've recently learned about - Liz at Hoosier Homemade hosts Cupcake Tuesdays. She also just started Frightful Fridays that will run until Halloween.
- Amy at Simply Sugar & Gluten-Free hosts Slightly Indulgent Mondays.
- And next week, Life As MOM is going to be teaming up with some great bloggers for A Fall Festival of Fun, Food and Friends. I am really looking forward to this since fall is my absolute favorite time of the year. I'm planning to participate every day, but we'll see how it goes. Here's a quick run-down of the schedule if you want to join in the fun too: Monday - Feathering Your Nest at Hoosier Homemade; Tuesday - Falling For Fun at Daily Dwelling; Wednesday - Fall Traditions at Simply Sugar and Gluten Free; Thursday - A Special Fall-Themed Ultimate Recipe Swap at Life As MOM; and on Friday - Finer Things of Fall at Amy's Finer Things.