I am so excited to start this week and get into our new routine. I think we've gotten all the big changes out of our system for now. So we'll use these next few days to transition from newness to normal. I'm definitely looking forward to that.
Last week I mentioned how breakfast and lunch were a big adjustment around here with one child in school. And then the very next day we decided to send another one. I still haven't figured out the breakfast or lunch routine. I think until we get used to everything, and until my body gets used to going to bed before 1 or 2 am and waking up before 7, I'm going to cut us all some slack with breakfast. I'm afraid the big breakfasts I usually love to make might be a thing of the past during the week. I guess that will make our big weekend breakfasts even more special though. And one of these days I'll get the lunch thing figured out and start planning for those again too.
- M- Mini-wheats and bananas (I found a great sale on these and it's one cold cereal I don't feel too guilty about letting the kids have.)
- T - Scrambled eggs and toast
- W - Lemon-blueberry muffins
- Th - Apple spiced oatmeal
- F - Lemon-blueberry muffins
- S - Crepes with mixed berry sauce
- Su - Waffles or pancakes and bacon (saving half the bacon for dinner)
- M - Beef burritos, corn and black bean salad
- T - Beef pot roast with maple sweet potatoes (for the NCBA's It's What For Dinner Wednesday's)
- W - 3-Bean chili, corn bread
- Th - TBD - We're going to an open house at school from 7-8, so we'll need something quick before we go. I'm leaning towards soup of some kind and sandwiches, but if it's a warm day I'd like to get in one more cold chicken pasta salad
- F - Homemade Southwestern egg rolls, broccoli salad
- S - Date night for Eric and I, hopefully (we've been planning one for a while and it keeps getting pushed back), Tuna noodle casserole for the kids
- Su - Bacon cheeseburger pizza, cantaloupe