Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Simple Quesadilla Trick


We eat quesadillas for lunch at least once a week. I used to be intimidated by the process, but now it's just as easy as making grilled cheese. I don't know what I was so scared of before.

When I make quesadillas, I like to fry them in a little bit of butter so that they get crispy and golden brown without being overly greasy. I used to add a tablespoon of butter to my skillet for each batch I'd make. That meant the first side ended up exactly how I wanted it but the second side wouldn't get as buttery or as crisp and golden.

So what I do now is add 1/2 a tablespoon of butter to the skillet and then cut the remaining the 1/2 into pieces which I place on top of the quesadillas. That way, when I flip them, the second side still gets to cook in fresh butter and comes out just as good as the first side.

Like I said, it's just a simple little trick, but it really works for me!

Do you use a different method for making quesadillas? What works best for you?

Stop by We Are THAT Family for more Works For Me Wednesdays.

4 comments:

Mary Ann 8:33 AM  

I just lightly butter the outside of the tortilla just like I butter the bread for a grilled cheese.

Di 8:51 AM  

Ditto Mary Ann. A light coat of butter on the outside just like grilled cheese.

Sheila 10:39 AM  

I just lightly spray both sides with butter-flavored cooking spray. :)

Niki Jolene 6:39 PM  

I like your idea and everyone else's. I really enjoy trying new tips, for cooking especially.

I just made quesadillas the other night and it was a pain in the neck trying to keep adding more oil when I flipped sides. I never even considered butter.

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP