Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Easiest Gum In Hair Solution Ever

Every Sunday as we leave church, Isabelle's Sunday school teacher hands her a pack of Trident gum. And since Isabelle loves to share with her brother and sisters, we've been letting Alex and Olivia have a half piece each. They are new to the whole gum experience, so it has been a great novelty for them.

So I suppose I shouldn't have been surprised when Alex walked up to me the other day and told me that he had gum stuck in his hair. Sure enough, there was a good-sized chunk of gum stuck on the top of his head.

My mind immediately started swirling with all the gum-in-hair antidotes I've read about. I was ready to reach for the peanut butter when I had a better idea. I grabbed the scissors, cut off the whole section of hair and sent him on his way.

Usually this time of year we start letting Alex's summer buzz cut grow back in. (Gotta keep that head warm in the winter after all.) But, I figured he could do with one more cut for the year. So I let Eric know that he'd have to buzz him again and that was that.

Getting gum out of hair is pretty painless in my opinion. (And the girls have been threatened that they'll get the exact same treatment if they ever do that.) I might not win mother of the year for this solution, but it definitely worked for me!

Stop by We Are THAT Family for more Works For Me Wednesday.

7 comments:

Meghan 1:35 AM  

Too funny!

Sue 8:33 AM  

I think that's a GREAT solution... at least for your son ;-) Good job Kate!

Stephanie 11:11 AM  

That is hilarious!

Real Life Sarah 1:51 PM  

Oooh, I have three girls, and they would be mortified to have buzz cuts! But I'm not opposed to cutting a section out if I have to! "chunky layers" are in, right?

Sandi 10:56 PM  

Ha ha! When I read the title of this post in my blog roll, I thought "peanut butter, she'll be talking about peanut butter, but the easiest solution is to cut it out!" That's awesome!

Just Jennifer 11:37 PM  

That is great!

Christina 3:57 PM  

Now this post makes me smile. And it's an awesome idea. I am a fan of buzz cuts for boys, and I will keep in mind that cutting gum out is, indeed, the simplest solution.

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP