It was an interesting week around here and I'm glad to wrap it up. We have a fun weekend of house sitting for my brother-in-law planned. Mainly it involves sitting in the sand, enjoying the lake and sitting around a bonfire. Sounds like pretty tough duty, doesn't it? I'm not sure who's more excited, the kids or Eric and I. We're going to swing by the grocery store on our way there and pick up some fun camping-style food. Even though we aren't camping and will only be 20 minutes from home, we're choosing to treat it like a mini-vacation.
Here is some good reading for your weekend enjoyment.
- Thanks to Meredith from Like Merchant Ships' tumblr page, I found the amazing blog Walk Slowly, Live Wildly. I love it! I especially like all the pictures and details from their latest RV renovation. Since Eric and I dream often of road-tripping in an RV, I can't get enough of reading through all their RV adventures.
- I loved following along on all the details from Lora's trip to Mexico with her family. She captured some truly beautiful pictures in this post. Stunning!
- The title of this post says it all - You Tell Me: If you could have everything you wanted, would you take it? Great stuff from Lynnae at Being Frugal.
- I have considered Laura at Heavenly Homemakers a blogging buddy almost since the beginning of this blog. But now? Now she is my very bestest friend in the whole wide world because of this post - Make Your Own Funnel Cake. Could it get any better?
- I always love seeing what treasures people manage to snag at yard sales. Get a load of this stash Amy Lynne found. Impressive!