Sunday, August 16, 2009

Menu Plan monday ~ Week of 8/17


It looks like we have a pretty easy week on the horizon, which sounds wonderful after last week. Eric and I have been talking about doing some furniture rearranging and decorating around the house, so maybe with a lighter schedule this week we'll be able to get that done.

I'm also planning on finishing up our homeschooling plans for this week. I've decided that our start date will be August 31. Fortunately I can order our books and be able to pick them up in just 3 days. That gives us 2 full weeks of summer left, so we'll do our best to make the most of those 2 weeks!

Here's what we'll be eating this week -

Breakfast
  • M - Bagels & smoothies
  • T - Peach and Oatmeal muffins
  • W - Peanut butter/honey toast and smoothies
  • Th - Cinnamon rolls
  • F - French toast (made with homemade banana bread)
  • S - Breakfast cookies and smoothies
  • Su - Leftover breakfast cookies or cinnamon rolls

Lunch
  • M - Hummus, pitas, cantaloupe
  • T - Tostados, yogurt
  • W - Veggie wraps, cheese slices
  • Th - Tuna pasta salad, grapes
  • F - Grilled cheese, berry salad
  • S - Leftover buffet
  • Su - Egg salad sandwichers, celery & carrot sticks

Dinner
  • M - BBQ chicken sandwiches, red potato & pea salad
  • T - Florentine stuffed shells and garlic toast
  • W - Chicken pasta salad made with grapes, bacon, and walnuts
  • Th - Vegetable stir-fry over brown rice
  • F - Italian turkey sausage and peppers with pesto white beans
  • S - BLTs and fruit salad (Unless Eric and I are able to head out for a date night.)
  • Su - Tacos and root beer floats

You can find tons more menu plans over at I'm An Organizing Junkie.

1 comments:

Katrina 9:44 AM  

It all sounds so interesting and enjoyable. We all just eat whatever we feel like in the mornings (toast, cereal etc) so can't see the point in planning that for us. The girls pack their own lunches for school and take what they feel like and it's only me at home for lunch so that's usually something simple for me. Tea - I guess I must just be boring and have no imagination - then again my excuse at the moment is that Iam working my way through my freezer

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP