Friday, August 21, 2009

Weekend Linkage - All About Decorating


Eric and I have been tired of living in our on-the-market, ready-to-sell house for a while now. White walls with no pictures do not provide a very homey feeling. It's been a year and a half since we first listed it for sale. We're not sure what the future holds. Our house could sell next week (which we'd be thrilled about!) but it seems more likely that we'll still be here for at least a little while yet.

Add to that the fact that the kids are growing. They no longer play with half the younger toys we have. They are excited to do school work and crafts. Gracie is ready to move out of her crib.

All these things collided for us over the past week or so. And we've decided we're just going to go ahead and take the plunge. We're going to do some decorating, rearranging and furniture purchasing over the next few weeks or so. (There's a table and 6 chairs on Craig's List for $60 that is at the top of our list.)

So, I've obviously been spending some time looking at home and decorating themed blogs lately. I can't believe all the beautiful and smart things I've come across. How could I not share a few of them here?

  • Fixing up my work space is at the bottom of our list of priorities, but that doesn't stop me from dreaming about it. I love these ideas from Imagine Cozy. And I could even follow her tip now by just adding a lamp, fabric and flowers or a plant. Love that!
  • I am in love with each and every one of these ideas for Children's Bedrooms: Sharing Spaces from The Inspired Room.
  • One of the first things I mentioned to Eric the other day was that I wanted a new book shelf. His accurate reply was, "No, you don't want a new book shelf. You want a whole room of book shelves." And he does too. Some day! But for now, I loved looking at all these options in Booked from Velvet & Linen.
  • This homeschool room on Unclutterer is amazing. And...that book shelf is from IKEA. It just so happens that we are going to IKEA tomorrow. Hmmm....
  • And another awesome homeschool room from Day In Day Out. I love all the organization!
  • Okay, last one...another homeschool room. I just found out about the not-back-to-school blog hop going on. It's hosted by Life With My 3 Boybarians. Last week was homeschool room week, so I had LOTS of rooms to drool over. And Darcy's room definitely has everything I could ever possibly want!
Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

thecurryseven 5:50 PM  

I have the IKEA bookcase in our schoolroom...in fact we have three of them. I love it. Several other of my homeschooling friends also have it and we jokingly call it the homeschooler's bookcase.

ImagineCozy 2:20 AM  

Hi Kate,

Just wanted to say thanks for the shout out about my little blog.

It sounds like you are ready for a few little changes at your house! Good luck with selling your home, it looks like you are on the right track.

Have a great weekend.
-Angela

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP