Thursday, August 27, 2009

Time To Be Frugal


The phrase "time is money" is as true as it is cliched. That's why, throughout our frugality walk, Eric and I have learned the importance of being frugal with our time.

We treat our time the same way we treat our money. We try to use it wisely and save as much as possible. We try to make sure our expenditures are wise and appropriate. And we lavish it we when a situation calls for it.

So in the day to day of our life, it kind of looks like -

  • We don't waste time on activities that take us away from our family, that we do not enjoy, and that could be better spent somewhere else.
  • We save time by combining chores and projects. We work together when possible.
  • If something requires a large investment of time, we make sure it is truly worthwhile.
  • When it comes to spending time with the kids or each other, we spend it recklessly and without abandon.
Frugality comes in all shapes and sizes, and this is just one of the many ways we live frugally.

Are you frugal with your time? Do you agree that the two go hand in hand?

Stop by Life As Mom for more Frugal Friday.

3 comments:

Jenn @ Beautiful Calling 9:18 PM  

Completely agree. My huband and I were just talking the other day about the importance of being at home and being less busy! It's so easy to end up spending time unwisely without meaning to!

Anonymous,  11:24 PM  

Hey I saw this while surfing for deals...and thought it might be something that you might like to get involved in!

http://www.weusecoupons.com/index.php?pageid=cdbn

Keep up the great work, I love your posts!!

Hannah

Eden 7:41 AM  

I try to do this as well. If you carry the concept a little further in likening time to money, we also need to give of our time as we are to give of our money. That means not only time to Heavenly Father (going to church, scripture study and prayer time) but in serving others as well.

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP