As much as I love summer and summery foods, I'm always so happy when September rolls back around and I can get back on track in the kitchen. It definitely feels like there's a change in the air around here too. Our weather for the week will be be in the mid-60s to the low-70s. Sweater weather isn't too far off...
The family birthday party for Isabelle got moved to this coming weekend. We'll be spending the day at my in-laws lake house, so having the party there will be perfect. I haven't decided on what we'll take. Isabelle really wants to do a taco bar. I guess that wouldn't be too hard to transport.
Here's what we'll be eating the rest of the week:
- M - Oatmeal & smoothies
- T - Banana splits. toast
- W - Strawberry-cheesecake muffins
- Th - Cheesy scrambled eggs, English muffin bread
- F - French toast sandwiches (I'm still debating on what filling I'll use though.)
- S - Blueberry pancakes & sausage (If there's time before we head out.)
- Su - Bagels with peanut butter and honey
- M - Pepperoni pasta salad
- T - Quesadillas, applesauce
- W - Sandwiches, carrot sticks, grapes
- Th - Pizza pockets (triple batch for freezer) & cucumber salad
- F - Chicken salad pitas (triple pitas for freezer), apple slices
- S - At the lake house
- Su - Hummus, homemade pita chips, kiwi quarters
- M - Cap'n crunch chicken fingers, rosemary roasted potatoes, green beans
- T - Dirty rice w/ smoked sausage, black beans & garbanzo beans, corn muffins
- W - Chicken Lasagna Roll-Ups (we didn't get to this last week.)
- Th - Something with ground beef...
- F - Parmesan chicken over garlic spaghetti, zucchini & mushroom saute with garlic
- S - At the lake house... taco bar, etc.
- Su - Fajita stuffed shells, Garlic bread tortillas