Sunday, August 30, 2009

Menu Plan Monday ~ Week of 8/31


As much as I love summer and summery foods, I'm always so happy when September rolls back around and I can get back on track in the kitchen. It definitely feels like there's a change in the air around here too. Our weather for the week will be be in the mid-60s to the low-70s. Sweater weather isn't too far off...

The family birthday party for Isabelle got moved to this coming weekend. We'll be spending the day at my in-laws lake house, so having the party there will be perfect. I haven't decided on what we'll take. Isabelle really wants to do a taco bar. I guess that wouldn't be too hard to transport.

Here's what we'll be eating the rest of the week:

Breakfasts

  • M - Oatmeal & smoothies
  • T - Banana splits. toast
  • W - Strawberry-cheesecake muffins
  • Th - Cheesy scrambled eggs, English muffin bread
  • F - French toast sandwiches (I'm still debating on what filling I'll use though.)
  • S - Blueberry pancakes & sausage (If there's time before we head out.)
  • Su - Bagels with peanut butter and honey

Lunch

  • M - Pepperoni pasta salad
  • T - Quesadillas, applesauce
  • W - Sandwiches, carrot sticks, grapes
  • Th - Pizza pockets (triple batch for freezer) & cucumber salad
  • F - Chicken salad pitas (triple pitas for freezer), apple slices
  • S - At the lake house
  • Su - Hummus, homemade pita chips, kiwi quarters

Dinner

Stop by Org Junkie for lots more menu plans.

5 comments:

Sonshine 7:52 AM  

I would think the taco bar would be an easy transport! :) I would make everything the day before and put it in containers or ziploc bags then it is just an easy reheat on the meat and everything else is ready to serve. :)

Yes the weather around here is so "baking weather"!! I am hoping that some time during this week I can get some baking done! :)

You have a yummy menu this week! Enjoy your week! :)

Judy 10:10 AM  

I too look forward to September. I like getting back to routine, cooking for comfort food and the weather cooling down.

We are going to be in the mid-70's all week with very low humidity. This is my favorite weather.

Bree 12:46 PM  

ahhhh to be in the 60-70's ... I am itching for fall weather... but it is 113 degrees with a heat advisory here in AZ... I will live vicariously thru you ... :) I miss having a real fall. I have to wait till November.

Jennifer 8:33 PM  

It has been very cool here too, I am not ready for fall yet. I don't want fresh tomatoes to end.

UnfinishedMom 9:34 PM  

I'm curious about those fajita stuffed shells. That sounds like a good combination. Planning to post a recipe? Pretty please?

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP