Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Crazy Pajama Night

Over the years, we have been blessed with tons of hand-me-downs for the kids and our wonderful families have gifted them with lots of clothes. So they all have a plethora of pajamas. Sometimes, as often happens with kids, we lose a pajama top or bottom due to staining or the deep, dark pits under their beds. So we have a collection of mismatched pajama pieces that is second only to our mismatched sock pile.

And every so often, we have to dig into that mismatched pile if I get behind on laundry or if I just want to mix things up for fun. I pick out a bunch of pieces, dump them on the floor, declare it crazy pajama night and let the kids have at it. They love to pick out the craziest bedtime outfit they can put together.
(Sorry for the poor quality of the picture!)

It's such a simple little thing, but to the kids it's a riot. It makes me a fun mom in their eyes. And that definitely works for me!

Stop by We Are THAT Family for more Works For Me Wednesday.

3 comments:

Sharon 3:47 AM  

that is hilarious! and a creative way to get your kids to just wear whatever is in the drawer....unlike me who argues and has to find matching pieces!! great idea!!!

Paula @ Organizing Tips For Moms 8:36 AM  

Cute idea and picture. There's something about PJs that are too short on kids.

Angie @ Many Little Blessings 9:47 AM  

I have always done crazy pajama night with myself (at least since high school for sure). ;) I don't know why, but I have always paired something like pink plaid pajama pants with a bright blue solid top for bed or the like. I don't know why -- it's just more fun. LOL

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP