Friday, July 17, 2009

Weekend Linkage ~ The BlogHer Edition


This time next week, I'll be surrounded by hundreds of fellow bloggers, filling my head with great new ideas for my blogs, and attending loads of parties. Toni has promised to run me ragged, and I know she will!

In an effort to familiarize myself with some of the other fabulous bloggers I'll be meeting, I've been doing some blog hopping. (I'll do anything in an effort to ease, even just a tiny bit, my painfully debilitating shyness.) So, I thought it would be fun to share some of the blogs I've been enjoying.

And now that I've written this post, I'm putting all thoughts, worries and preparations for BlogHer on hold for the weekend. I've got a birthday party to prepare... and 100 cake pops sitting in my freezer waiting to be turned into baseballs... and fruit to cut into perfect little cubes to stack on bamboo skewers... and floors to wash and walls to scrub... and prayers for no rain on Sunday to say.

Enjoy your weekend!

6 comments:

Meredith 12:07 AM  

Kate, you are going to do great at Blogher! You have a built-in support team and a LOT of experience.

I'll be wishing you all the best!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam 10:31 AM  

Oh, I wish I could see you guys again. It would be totally different than Blissdom since I feel like I really know you all now. Oh well. I will drive through Chicago on Tuesday wishing it was a few days later. :)What timing!

Sue 10:57 AM  

Sounds like you'll have fun at BlogHer (never heard of it before). Hope your son has a great birthday party! Sounds like it should be a fun time - hope the weather co-operates!

Paula Schmitt 2:08 PM  

Hi Kate!

Thanks for adding my blog to your list. I'm looking forward to meeting you at BlogHer this coming week! Little secret - I'm on the shy side too and this is my first time attending BlogHer :) You will do great!

Neil 12:32 AM  

No reason to be shy. We are all dorky bloggers.

Unknown 8:59 PM  

Hi Kate,

I wanted to thank you for putting my blog on your list. I will also be at BlogHer and hope to see you there!

I like your philosophy about food & birthday parties & just generally keeping it simple. I do a whole lotta cooking from scratch myself.

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP