Thursday, July 02, 2009

Recharge Those Batteries

And I'm talking in the most literal sense here. Rechargeable batteries have got to be one of the best deals out there.

It's been almost a year since we invested in a battery charger, one pack of 4 AA rechargeable batteries and one pack of 4 AAA rechargeable batteries. I've got to tell you, it's been one of our smartest investments.

We use those 8 batteries for two things - my camera, which I use on a daily basis, and Eric's mp3 player, which he also uses on a daily basis, usually for hours at a time. The batteries in my camera last for about a week. Once I see the red battery light start flashing, I put them in the charger overnight and I'm good to go by morning.

I love these for two reasons -

  1. I don't have to worry about replacing my batteries, ever. I'm never stuck without batteries when I really need them.
  2. We don't have to spend money on new batteries every week. Rechargeable batteries are definitely the most frugal alternative. Sure the initial investment is a bit more, but they definitely pay for themselves within the first month.
If you use electronics on a frequent basis, I definitely recommend looking into rechargeable batteries.

Stop by Life As Mom for more Frugal Friday.

3 comments:

Sue 9:47 PM  

I use rechargeables too and love them - they really make it much easier to use electronics that suck those batteries up huh?

The Wier Family 11:39 PM  

Hi! We have been thinking about doing this, but haven't made the switch yet because I can't decide which type to buy. Which brand do you have? Thanks!

~Lis

Christina 2:04 AM  

I agree; rechargeable batteries are a life saver (well, maybe more like a huge money saver) to any photographer. They are a huge money saver even if you accidentally put a set through the wash like I did. Yeah. Don't do that.

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP