Sunday, July 05, 2009

Menu Plan Monday ~ Week of 7/6


This is going to be another simple week for us. Actually, there's a chance that it could be our most relaxing and carefree week yet this summer. As you can imagine, that's pretty exciting! I'm envisioning lots of time outside, a trip or two to the park, maybe swinging by a few garage sales on Friday, a trip to the library and farmer's market...that's about it. Ahhh! Sounds like a little slice of heaven to me.

In keeping with our easy going week, I'm sticking with some easier type meals that don't require much time in the kitchen.

Breakfast

  • M - PB toast, smoothies
  • T - Banana oatmeal
  • W - Cinnamon roll bread
  • Th - Breakfast burritos
  • F - Strawberry-Kiwi muffins
  • S - French toast, sausage
  • Su - Leftover muffins
Lunch
  • M - Pizza grilled cheese, peaches
  • T - Turkey roll-ups, strawberries
  • W - PB&Js, cantaloupe
  • Th - Tuna salad pitas, watermelon
  • F - Leftovers
  • S - Quesadillas, watermelon
  • Su - TBD
Dinner
  • M - Chicken & grape pasta salad
  • T - BLTs, cantaloupe
  • W - Hawaiian chicken kabobs, orzo pilaf
  • Th - Moroccan lettuce wraps with dipping sauces
  • F - Homemade pizza (Eric has put me on a mission to perfect my pizza crust. He really wants one that tastes like take-out pizza dough. If you have a tried-and-true pizza dough recipe, I'd love to try it!)
  • S - Kids - Beef ravioli w/butter and Parmesan; E & K - date night (probably just at home)
  • Su - Asian chicken salad, wonton chips
How is your summer going? If you're too busy to keep up with the menu planning, stop by Stolen Moments Menu Planning and let me plan your menus for you!

And then stop by the home of Menu Plan Monday - I'm An Organizing Junkie.

5 comments:

Emily 7:57 AM  

My dough recipe itself is pretty basic, but sprinkling garlic salt, cornmeal, and parmesan on the pan before rolling it out adds a lot of tasty flavor. :)

Nell,  8:38 AM  

My family won't eat anything but the Chef Boyardee pizza mix! Blech! :) Oh well, it's cheap! :)Might you have a recipe for your cinnamon roll bread? Also, what do you guys do when you have a date at home? My curiosity is piqued! :)I've never commented here before, but I surely do love this site and your stolen moments site as well! Thank you!

Milehimama @ Mama Says 9:54 AM  

This is my recipe, easily doubled! I usually use whole wheat flour, but you can use bread flour or white flour and gluten to make a chewy crust.

1 T. yeast (1 1/2 packets)
1 c. water
2 T. oil
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
2 1/2 c. flour
(I usually throw some garlic powder in, for extra flavor, too)

Mix oil and water, stir in yeast. Stir in dry ingredients. Make a ball, let it rise 5-10 minutes. Roll out flat on pizza pan. If you want it deep dish, let it rise a bit, then poke it with a fork in the middle (not the crust area).
Add toppings, bake at 375 for 20 minutes or until crust is brown.

Coupon Teacher 9:59 AM  

I love Money Saving Mom's dough recipe. I have a link to it here on my blog.

http://couponteacher.blogspot.com/2009/05/homemade-pizza.html

Amy 1:42 PM  

I too am on a quest for the perfect pizza dough. So far this one is my husband's favorite:

http://easypizzacrusts.com/Best-Pizza-Crust-Recipe.html

It rises a bunch, so I split it and make 2 thick crusts and bake them for 20-25 minutes. It's doughy and yeasty.

Only problem is that it doesn't freeze very well, so I have to make this dough fresh. I tried making extra dough, but the yeast kept rising and the baggies exploded in my freezer.

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP