Unfortunately, the relaxing, lazy week we so enjoyed last week is a thing of the past. Time to get busy again. The next few weeks have lots of stuff going on, but I'm planning some long, lazy days in August!
I really have to spend some time this week at least thinking about getting ready for BlogHer. I need to pick up a few things, decide what I'm going to wear and start thinking about what to pack for the kids. (They'll be staying at my parents' house while I'm at the conference.) We leave a week from Wednesday.
On Sunday we are having Alex's 5th birthday party. It's a few days before his birthday, but since we'll be spending his actual birthday in the car driving to Chicago, this seemed like a good idea. I am so excited for this party. It's only family, but there will be 19 people total, I believe.
We're going with a baseball theme since Alex is all about baseball this year. I have my menu pretty much planned out (see below), but I would love some other suggestions that would fit the theme.
- M - Blueberry Fritters & smoothies
- T - French toast
- W - Oatmeal w/ peaches
- Th - PB toast and smoothies
- F - Bacon waffles
- S - Scrambled egg tacos
- Su - Breakfast cookies
- M - Tuna pasta, carrot sticks
- T - Quesadillas, strawberries
- W - Veggie roll-ups, yogurt
- Th - Hummus & pitas, pears, celery sticks
- F - Pizza pockets, blueberries
- S - Leftovers
- Su - I might give the kids something small to nibble on if they're hungry, but I'm not planning for lunch since we'll be eating dinner early for the party.
- M - Summer Chicken Primavera
- T - Beef & rice enchiladas w/ pepper-jack sauce, salad
- W - Blackened chicken, some kind of potato dish, green beans
- Th - Sweet & Sour meatball kabobs, rice
- F - Lasagna Roll-Ups, garlic bread
- S - TBD
- Su - The Party
- Black bean & mango salsa nachos (in the little food service cardboard holders)
- Hot dogs in buns, individually wrapped in foil like you'd get at a baseball game
- peanuts in the shell
- boxes of Cracker Jack
- fruit kabobs
- some kind of pasta salad
- homemade lemonade
- cake pops decorated like baseballs
- ice cream cups
And stop by Org Junkie for more Menu Plan Monday.