Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Blogging Just Because

Every night after I put the kids in bed, I sit down at the computer and write myself a small to-do list for the night. This list is getting bigger as I add more things and as Stolen Moments Menu Planning grows. But one thing always remains the same - writing right here on A Simple Walk is always #1 on my list. I write here before I do anything else.

Some days the posts are short and concise and some days they're rambly and run on and on. Some days I have something specific in mind that I'll write about and other days I just wing it. And then some days, I can't come up with a thing to write about, but I do it anyhow.

I guess that's a habit that I picked up in my college creative writing classes. When you don't know what to write about, just write anyhow. So that's what I do.

Posts like this are the result.

I'm not willing to give up this little outlet as the start of my evenings though. With everything else I have going on, this little spot is fully ME and I can write about whatever I want. It's very therapeutic really.

6 comments:

Sue 9:19 PM  

And good for you! I've been a blogging delinquent after last week's hoopla with Little Miss "H". I've been a total sloth, trying to get my groove back after crashing on the weekend - lol

Maybe tomorrow I'll feel inspired again... but until then, I'll just hop on over to my friends who are inspired to blog ;-) Hugs

Christina 11:26 PM  

I like your little spot here. ; ) I like the variety and the bits of your fun family and personality that shine through. And I just keep coming back.

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart 6:48 AM  

I'm right there with you girlfriend. But people probably think MOST of my posts are a result of not really having anything to write! LOL.
Hugs.
Kim

Amy Lynne 8:01 AM  

Thanks for continuing to write, even if it is just random thoughts. I have gotten a lot of joy out of stopping by your site to see what's up. So by all means keep your writing time, it's so worth it!

Valerie 12:02 PM  

You go, Girl. I totally identify. My spot, my outlet, my time, my fun, my therapy. My blog. (That sounded much more narcassistic than I'd hoped, but you get the idea, eh?)

Mikki 5:40 PM  

That's right.. you just write and we'll read.. even if it's just stuff. LOL.

I go through the same thing, but I guess I skipped that class in English. When I don't have anything to write.. I don't. Maybe I should start. LOL

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP