Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Ah...Milk...


I have had a love-hate relationship with milk since I was a little girl. I blame my grandma for that one. When my sister and I would eat dinner at my grandparent's house, my grandma would pour our milk at least 30 minutes before we actually sat down to eat. Room temperature milk is just not good. And unfortunately that experience kind of ruined me on milk for good.

But I know milk is so good for you. When I was pregnant, I would force myself to have a little bit of milk every day. Drinking just a glass of it didn't work, but I was usually able to get through a bowl of cereal with milk.

I made it a priority right from the time the kids turned 1 to make sure they drank plenty of milk. The last thing I wanted to do was pass off my bad habits on them. Fortunately they have all turned into lovers of milk and drink at least 2 glasses a day. And for my part, I always make sure I serve up cold, straight from the fridge, milk. No weird habits of mine are going to get in the way of their good health.

I would love to some day be able to sit down with a glass of milk again. I need to find a way to re-wire my brain. Reading through all of the information on the Why Milk? website has been a great start for me.

The Why Milk? site is full of milk facts and tips. Isabelle, as my child who loves to know everything about everything, had a great time perusing the site and sharing all her new found milk knowledge with her brother and sisters. They all know the health benefits of milk now and I am just waiting for the lectures from them as they try to get me to drink milk.

And I want to set a good example for them, so one of these days I'll have to give milk a shot again. The kids aren't going to let me off the hook.

This post is part of a review campaign for Why Milk? through Mom Central.

0 comments:

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP