Thursday, June 04, 2009

Field Trippin' With The Family

The days have been busy and have left virtually no time for me to indulge in my bloggy habits. But we are making memories and the kids are having the time of their lives. Here is a small sampling of some of the finer things we've experienced in just the past two days.

My sister and I each took our 2 oldest to the Field Museum. We left the little girls at home where they played together and with their nana and great grandma.
I love this chandelier. I took quite a few pictures of it from different angles. Stunning!
This one is from my childhood hometown for all of those folks (inlcuding my husband and in-laws) in my adult hometown.
Captivated by camels at the Brookfield Zoo. What a fantastic day we had! Is there anything better than the zoo with your cousins? My kiddos would definitely say no to that one!



Tomorrow promises to be another fun and busy day. Our plans aren't set in stone yet, but there are quite a few possibilities.

Saturday is going to be Olivia's birthday party. The kids have been counting down the days until Eric joins us for her party. I'm not sure if we'll have time, but my mom, sister and I are planning to make Bakerella's cake pops for the party. If you have experience making these, I'd love to hear your thoughts, ideas, and/or suggestions.

Stop by Amy's Finer Things for more Finer Things Friday and Hooked On Houses for more Hooked On...

8 comments:

Goat Gal 1:27 AM  

What fun! I wanted to let you know that my thermometer arrived. I have not tried it out yet. I will hopefully have a spare moment and a willing guinea pig soon.

Jenny 2:07 AM  

How fun! We also love to go on field trips!

Hoosier Homemade 8:38 AM  

Looks like a lot of fun! I did make the cake pops, well, I think the cake balls, the ones with no sticks. They are very, VERY messy, took longer than I thought, but they tasted really good.My suggestion, leave yourself extra time and let them chill longer than you think too. The colder they are the easier they are to handle.
~Liz

Annie 12:00 PM  

I made the cake balls. Bakerella is talented to get them that pretty! Mine tasted great, but were not nearly as good looking as hers. Make sure they get cold before you try to shape them. It's definitely a fun thing to do with your kids too. Have fun!

Sheila 3:59 PM  

I also just did the cake balls. My kids said they were the best dessert I have EVER made. :)

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet 8:10 PM  

What cool field trips! We love going to the zoo.

Amy @ Finer Things 11:09 PM  

Sounds like you are having a fantastic week. Going to the zoo is definitely on our summer "to do" list!

Sue 2:19 PM  

I'm SOOO behind in my blog hopping but man, it looks like you guys had FUN!! Next time we're in Chicago I want to check out the museum! We drove by it a couple times but we were staying in Naperville when we were there.

Glad the kiddos had a blast with the cousins!

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP