Friday, May 15, 2009

Weekend Linkage

Unfortunately we are in for a rainy weekend. So even though we are all itching to be outside and doing all those fun, outdoor activities, we'll be stuck inside. But I'm sure we'll come up with something fun to do anyhow. We always do.

If you're going to be stuck inside this weekend too, here are some great reads to help fill up your time. I'm also throwing in a few neat resources I've learned about this week.

  • Harried and overworked is not the way it has to be from Laura over at I'm An Organizing Junkie really hit home with me. This is how we've always strived for things to be at our house, but I'll admit, there I times when I let it slide. Thanks to Laura's encouragement, I plan on pulling our chore charts back out and getting everyone involved in the daily work it takes to keep a home running smoothly.
  • I follow Laura from Heavenly Homemakers on Twitter. I've been wondering lately why I never see many tweets from her. Thanks to her post, Twitterless, I now know. And actually, I feel the same way she does. Which is why, for those of you that follow me, my tweeting habits are somewhat random and sporadic.
  • Who couldn't use a little rejuvenation every now and then? 16 Ways to Rejuvenate over at Mommy's Idea Book has some fantastic tips.
  • I love this post on Letterboxing over at Stephanie's Mommy Brain. Letterboxing is something we have talked about doing for a long time now. Seeing it in action makes me want to do it that much more.
  • Eric introduced me to Repair Clinic just this morning. I thought it was an invaluable resource and I knew I had to share it. You can order replacement or repair parts for any appliance imaginable. The site also has how-to repairs for everything. Kind of a one-stop shop.
  • I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it many more time in the future - I stink at crafts. And that's really unfortunate too since all of my kids love to do crafts. Isabelle is usually the craft leader and helper. She, unlike me, can at least cut along the lines. But I want to be crafty and I want to be able to think up fun projects for the kids to do. That is why I love Little Kid Crafts For All Seasons. The ebook is filled with so many fantastic ideas, many that even a craft-impaired mom like me can handle.
If you are fortunate enough to have a sunny and warm weekend, head outside and have some fun for me!

7 comments:

Amanda 9:59 PM  

I have ALWAYS wanted to do letterboxing!! I think it would be so fun, but dearest doesn't really "get it" LoL Maybe someday!

Krista 11:06 PM  

Hi there! Just wanted to say to you (& your readers) that I have personally used Repair Clinic before with wonderful results. About a year ago, my washing machine stopped working in the middle of a cycle. Repairclinic.com diagnosed the problem, told me which part to buy, and we fixed it ourselves! Super easy & lots cheaper than hiring a repairman!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam 11:37 PM  

Enjoy your weekend. :) Oh, a rainy, slow weekend sounds delightful.

Joy @ Five J's 11:38 PM  

Repair Clinic is where we purchased a new smoothtop for our stove when Jeff broke ours. It saved us TONS of money! And I still can't believe the shipping was only $7 for shipping that heavy box.

Laura@HeavenlyHomemakers 11:50 PM  

Thanks for the link Kate!

Amanda @ Mommy's Idea Book 12:07 AM  

Thanks for the link. Have a great weekend!!

Stephanie Kay 2:51 PM  

Thank you for the link! Letterboxing is a ton of fun. If your husband or sons are too "manly" for the stamp aspect just focus on the "treasure hunt" part. :)

Thanks, again. Come by every Friday and join in on Family Fun Friday with a post about an activity your family enjoys. I'm hoping for lots of ideas to keep us busy this summer!

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP