I am really ready for the weekend this week. After being sick last week and missing out on some fun Eric and the kids had, I'm looking forward to a family outing or two. I'm not sure if our weather will cooperate, but I'm willing to take a chance.
We don't have any big plans for Mother's Day. Our agenda as of now is to go to church and then go out for lunch afterwards. We're thinking of going to a Chinese restaurant that does a lunch buffet. That will be something different for all of us. After that, I'd like to just spend the day relaxing.
What are your plans for the weekend? If you find some blog reading time in your schedule, here a few recommendations.
- Amy does a fantastic job of blaming her mother. This is a must read! Prepare for a sniffle or two.
- We tend to accumulate cardboard boxes around our house. If you're the same way, this project - Cardboard Box Oven Craft - is for you. I think my kids would just love it. And I imagine it would go nicely with their cardboard bathtub.
- I love this beautiful tale Sue weaves in Pondering A Parable. What a day!
- Just like Michele, I always make sure my kids are eating plenty of fruits and veggies but usually forget about myself. I love her tips on making sure you are Getting Your Fruits And Veggies.
- I really should start doing some spring cleaning. Otherwise it will be summer before I know it and I will not feel like cleaning at all. Simple Mom's Spring Cleaning series is so inspiring it actually makes me want to clean. And that never happens!