Wednesday, May 27, 2009

One Of Those Days

Today was one of those days. I felt like I was watching the clock inch slowly closer to bedtime from shortly before serving breakfast. And boy, was that clock moving slooooowly.

It really was just an ordinary day. The kids were just being, well, kids. But I on the other hand was not at all being just mama. I was Grumpy, with a capital G, and on edge all day long. I'm not sure why. There definitely wasn't one specific thing that set me off. Like I said, it was just one of those days.

It was a busy day. I am trying to pack for our trip to visit my family, but the motivation to get started on the project was lacking. I just wasn't in my groove so everything felt off, took too long, or was too loud. How is it possible that the ordinary noises of my children playing, which so seamlessly blend in to the background of my life, can seem way too loud on some days?

So there you have it. That was my day. The kids have been in bed for a few hours now and I'm still battling this feeling. But, tomorrow is another day and I have faith that it will be good and productive and fun. I think I'll be smart and prep breakfast tonight so that I can start the day with some positive momentum. I am all for positive momentum!

4 comments:

Jennifer 12:01 AM  

I hate days like that! I completely understand how you feel. Get some rest and I am sure everything will be much better in the morning! :)

Sue 12:31 AM  

I see the Cranky Pants have made their way over to you... throw them off... quick! ;-)

Lord, Jesus, please lift Kate out of this grumpy place she finds herself in today. Fill her with more of You and give her a peaceful sleep that will refresh her to get all she needs to get done tomorrow. In Jesus' Name. Amen!

Sleep well, Kate and have a better tomorrow!

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart 7:00 AM  

A positive momentum is always a good thing. I hope today is better.
Hugs.
Kim

Mikki 9:47 AM  

Oh I've had days like that. It seems like the things that never really bother you.. bother you.

But this to shall pass... (don't you hate hearing that on days like this..LOL)

Hope the sun is shinning brightly on you today :-)

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP