Sunday, May 24, 2009

Menu Plan Monday 5/25

This is going to be an exciting week around our house. It will be a little busy, but a good busy. My husband has Monday off and a lighter workload on Tuesday, so it feels like we are just entering our weekend around here.

Friday is our anniversary. We'll be celebrating that on Saturday night when Eric and I go out for dinner alone. My in-laws will be watching the kids for us. During the day we'll probably take the kids to the park where we were married. That's becoming a fun tradition we all enjoy.


Throughout the week, I'll be packing clothes for the kids and myself. Next Sunday (or maybe Monday, we're still not 100% sure), I'll be packing the kids in the car for the drive to my parents' house. We'll be there all the following week, doing lots of fun things with my family. The kids have been counting down the days until they see their grandparents and cousins.

I'm also going to try making a few extra meals for Eric to have while we are gone. He is going to join us at the end of week so that we can have a birthday party for Olivia. Then, we'll all drive home together on Sunday.

Now, onto the menu plan for this week.

Breakfast

  • M - Waffles, smoothies
  • T - Blueberry scones w/ lemon curd
  • W - Banana oatmeal
  • Th - Chocolate chip pancakes
  • F - Breakfast tacos
  • S - French toast and sausage
  • Su - Morning glory muffins

Lunch

  • M - Picnic lunch at the park, after enjoying our local parade
  • T - Hummus, pita chips, carrots & celery
  • W - Tuna pasta salad, strawberries
  • Th - PB&J, yogurt, bananas
  • F - Cheese slices, crackers, apple slices, orange wedges
  • S - Roll-up sandwiches, blueberries, cottage cheese
  • Su - TBD - probably something big before we hit the road

Dinner

  • M - Turkey dogs, cantaloupe, watermelon, corn on the cob
  • T - Stuffed chicken breasts, pesto potato salad, green beans
  • W - Ground beef chalupas (with homemade chalupa shells - a new experiment!), refried black beans
  • Th - Bangers & mash, creamed spinach
  • F -Toasted sesame & garlic chicken stir fry with soba noodles and veggies
  • S - Anniversary dinner out; tuna casserole for the kids
  • Su - TBD, depends on if we're home or at my parents. I'll probably have a ranch chicken & bacon pasta salad in the fridge for Eric to eat
Stop by Org Junkie for hundreds more menu plans.

0 comments:

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP