Friday, April 24, 2009

Weekend Linkage

How about some more random linkage for your weekend reading pleasure? This week I'm going with an inspiring theme. So all of the following links have inspired me in one way or another over the past week. I hope you enjoy them!

  • Filthy Rags at We Are THAT Family. I love Kristen's perspective and the way she can turn a cute story into a powerful message.
  • Insomniatic Thought at Pensieve. Robin's post is powerful and her insomnia-related thoughts are admirable. Just good stuff!
  • Jyl from Mom It Forward wrote a great guest post on Make & Takes called How To Raise Charitable Children. I am constantly inspired by the wonderful work Jyl and Carissa do with Mom It Forward, and this post was just as inspiring and full of wonderful ideas.
  • It's A Jam Session at My Blessed Life. I honestly have never canned in my life. But believe me, it's not for a lack of wanting to, more like a lack of supplies and space to store the supplies. But seeing Lora's post about making jam with freshly picked strawberries has me really wanting to make homemade jam. Maybe, just maybe, this will finally be the year I take the plunge.
  • A Grandmother's Legacy at Like Merchant Ships. I so admite Meredith's ability to write so simply and yet be so profound. Do not miss her italicized thoughts!
Now I am off to check out some bathing suits online to inspire me to STOP eating these chocolate chip cookies. Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Omah's Helping Hands 10:54 PM  

Thank you Kate! I will be sure and go check those out. Have a beautiful blessed weekend.

Angie @ Many Little Blessings 11:57 PM  

I have a strawberry jam recipe on my blog for freezer jam. Mmmm...I love it! Plus, then there isn't the canning concerns. (Although then you do need freezer space, which I am glad to make in order to enjoy the jam all year!)

Kristen 5:27 PM  

Thank you for linking my story!

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) 2:02 AM  

I love that you found all these! Believe me I AM impressed with Jyl too!! I am stepping away from Mom It Forward for a while, but SHEESH what a ride huh??

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP