Sunday, April 26, 2009

Menu Plan Monday - Week of 4/27

This past Friday and Saturday were interesting days. On Friday we had no running water most of the day due to a well issue. Then on Saturday, we lost power in the middle of the day for about 6 hours. That definitely threw a kink into our ordinary days. Fortunately I was able to spend much of the on Sunday getting caught up.



So I'm excited to be starting this new week. I have a very easily doable menu planned, with a few special things thrown in here and there. I'm going to be working on a new schedule for myself and the kids this week too.



Breakfast

  • M - Apple-spiced oatmeal
  • T - Sunshine toast
  • W - Waffles
  • Th - Breakfast bread and scrambled eggs
  • F - Muffins (not sure what kind yet) and smoothies
  • S - French toast
  • Su - Leftover bread or muffins

Lunch

  • M - Tuna melts, carrots
  • T - Lentil curry soup, pitas
  • W - PB&J sandwiches, apple slices
  • Th - Black bean nachos, strawberries
  • F - Leftovers
  • S - Pizza pockets, cantaloupe
  • Su - Cheese, crackers. cottage cheese, fruit salad

Dinner

  • M - Creamy Mexican lasagna, skillet corn
  • T - Ham and cheesy potatoes, oven roasted green beans
  • W - Rodeo chicken sandwiches, potato salad
  • Th - Spaghetti, Italian breadsticks
  • F - Chicken strudel w/ cherry sauce, creamed spinach
  • S - Fondue night (skipped last week because of the power outage)
  • Su - Turkey dogs, corn on the cob, watermelon (because we just can't wait any longer to eat a summery dinner)

Stop by Org Junkie for hundreds more menu plans.

3 comments:

Rachel @ springpad 11:19 AM  

Your chicken strudel sounds good, as does fondue night - that's always fun! You should check out springpad's
weekly meal planner - it's a great way to organize all of your menus and recipes, I think you'd really like it!

Niki Jolene 12:44 PM  

I am wanting some summertime foods myself. It is heating up here in jersey which is off for April. But I want a cookout!

:)

Sonshine 3:10 PM  

sounds yummy!

Meijer this week has corn on the cob on sale 5/$1 here, I am soooo tempted to see if it is worth getting some when I go there later in the week! :) I have kids begging for corn on the cob and a summertime meal. :)

Enjoy your week!

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP