I thought it would be fun to celebrate the kick-off of the Virtual Great American Bake Sale by planning our menu this week around some of the fantastic recipes in the VGABS ebooks. There are so many great options in there that it was really easy.
And just so you know, putting together the ebooks is the reason why my posting has been a little off these past few weeks. I had no idea that copy & pasting could take so much time. But it was definitely an honor to do and I'm so excited to see how much we are able to raise for Share Our Strength.
This week I should be able to get back on track with posting and menu planning. Last week was a nice break, and one I might need to do more often, especially with summer coming up. But until then, let's see how this week goes. I am only planning breakfasts and dinner because I'm working on coming up with a new system for lunches. (If you have some no-fail lunches that you make and eat frequently, I'd love to hear about them!)
All of the italicized recipes are from the VGABS ebooks.
- M - Banana Nut Bread & Smoothies
- T - Orange Baked Oatmeal
- W - Cinnamon coffee cake, strawberries & bananas
- Th - Whole wheat overnight waffles
- F - Strawberry fortnight muffins & smoothies
- S - Breakfast casserole
- Su - Crock pot granola
- M - Chicken flautas, tossed salad
- T - Sausage florentine bake
- W - Shrimp skewers & fried rice
- Th - Bolognese, Italian breadsticks
- F - Green chili lasagna, cantaloupe
- S - Stromboli ladder loaf, root beer floats
- Su - Dilly chicken sandwiches, fresh fruit w/ fruit dip
If you want to check out the ebooks that are available for any donation of your choosing, click over here.
And don't forget to stop by Org Junkie for hundreds more menu plans.