Monday, April 13, 2009

Taking Care of Random Things

This past week was so off-kilter for me. So you might say I tackled a crazy week. That would be pretty accurate. But, I'm breaking it down into a few random thing because this post should probably be longer than one sentence.

  • I tackled a week without a menu plan, and I lived to tell about it. I had some fun experimenting in the kitchen (like this Moroccan chicken & lentil dish) and some days of falling back on our freezer surplus. It felt like coming home to plan again for this week.
  • We signed Isabelle up for her very first week of sleep-away camp, courtesy of my in-laws who are paying to send their 4 oldest grandchildren this summer. This is such an exciting thing for me. Some of my favorite childhood summer memories are from sleep away camps. I can't believe I have a child old enough to be going now.
  • We had a very simple Easter, and an extremely simple Easter dinner, and I was okay with that. I let go of my desire to prepare an outlandish meal when I realized that all Eric and the kids really cared about was ham, ham, and more ham.
  • I somehow managed to tackle NOT tackling my laundry for almost a week. Right now there is a pile of clean clothes that reaches the top of our bookshelf. Tomorrow, I am planning to spend the day folding laundry. Time off from chores comes at a price, that is for sure.
  • Oh yeah, I also tackled putting together 5 ebooks for the Virtual Great American Bake Sale. I spent every night last week working until about 3 am, but I think the efforts paid off. I'm very happy with how they turned out, and I'm even more excited to see the funds being raised for Share Our Strength.
Stop by 5 Minutes For Mom for more Tackle It Tuesday and The Lazy Organizer for more Talk About Tuesday.

2 comments:

Sonshine 8:47 AM  

sounds like you had a busy week! :)

Enjoy the week! :)

Goat Gal 6:39 PM  

Bless you as you climb mount washmore!

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP