Thursday, April 09, 2009

Springing For Leftovers



It's Easter time, and that means sales on ham are plentiful right now. I have a suggestion for you. Take advantage of the sales prices and buy a bigger-than-needed ham and plan for leftovers.

We love ham in this house and the ham leftovers are just as well-received as the original meal.

Here are a few of our favorite uses for leftover ham.

As you can see, using up leftover ham is super easy for me. But there is one thing I struggle with - leftover hard-boiled eggs. If anyone has any suggestions for these beyond egg salad and deviled eggs, I would LOVE to hear them!

Stop by Life As Mom for more Frugal Friday

5 comments:

FishMama 2:12 AM  

You can freeze hard boiled eggs. I know that is how we often used them in catering in college. They were chopped and frozen. We thawed them and used them in egg salad.

Mom2fur 9:21 AM  

You can use leftover hardboiled eggs in "Cauliflower Polanaise." Make your cauliflower as usual. Melt some butter in a skillet, then brown up some bread crumbs until golden. Chop up a few eggs. Mix the bread crumbs, eggs and cauli together.
To make it even easier, skip the bread and butter and used crushed up Ritz crackers. I've never tried this with any other vegetable, but I bet it would work. All I know is, this is my most favorite way to eat cauliflower!
Speaking of chopped up eggs, don't forget they taste really good on salads!

Heather@justdoingmybest 9:23 AM  

I was planning on this post next week! The quiche sounds like a fantastic idea. You have some ideas I didn't, so I'll link to you. :) You mentioned that you were looking for ideas for using up eggs? I have a post up on ideas for using hard-boiled eggs. Have a great Easter!

Blessed Mommy 6:55 PM  

Thanks for these recipes, now I have goodies to fix with all the leftover ham after Easter dinner. Many blessings.

annies home 10:39 PM  

some great recipes thanks so very much I believe I will be needing them

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP