Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Organizing My Blogging Work Space

When I first began blogging, I had no idea I would someday need designated space to keep all of my bloggy stuff organized. But that is certainly the case now. Up until this point, although I knew the need was there, I've avoided getting organized. Why? I don't know. Maybe I just enjoy not making my life easier.

Fortunately for me, I've found the answer to all of my organizational woes.

A few weeks ago I received some products from a new organizational line by OfficeMax and Peter Walsh. This [In]Place System is going to do wonders for getting my desk all set up to make my life easier. And I can't wait to get started.

As part of the review campaign for the [In]Place System, I was honored to take part in a webcast featuring Peter Walsh last week. Peter showed off his wonderful new products and shared lots of tips for using them effectively and making the most of our organizational efforts. I am so excited to share some of those ideas with you now.
Here are a few of the tips that really stood out for me from the webcast:

  1. File name consistency. Physical and electronic folders should have the same name label.
  2. Get the kids involved in the organizational routine.
  3. Use what works for you when it comes to organization.
  4. Visibility and accessibility help keep things organized.
  5. Declutter before buying organizational tools.
Now for some more information on the InPlace system:
  • The Durable File Folders work with Post-It Super Sticky Notes instead of pre-cut tabs. This helps to keep files neat and allows for color coding.
  • The InPlace erasable marker makes it easy to write notes on folder that will not smudge and only erase when you need to erase.
  • The Interlocking Hanging Files prevent documents from falling between files.
I love the versatility offered by this system. I know beyond just getting my blogging stuff organized, I can also use it to organize homeschooling and household papers. Everything can fit together yet still be easily distinguishable thanks to the color coding offered by the sticky notes. That definitely works for me!

And now that I think about it, I bet I could use the [In]Place System to organize all my recipes and cooking magazines to help keep my baking cabinet organized.

For more information, visit Peter Walsh's page on the OfficeMax site, or head over to your local OfficeMax and check it out in person.

Then stop by We Are THAT Family for more WFMW.

7 comments:

Jen@Balancing Beauty and Bedlam 11:07 PM  

These products do look fabulous. I got in on the last few minutes of you all chatting about it. Sorry I missed it. :0

abeachcottage 7:58 AM  

interesting, I'm glad they work for you, I need something similar for sure

sarah

DairyQueen 8:05 AM  

I'll have to check into thos products. I love Peter Walsh!

Beth,  9:23 AM  

Hi Kate! Thanks so much for your post. I'm glad to hear Peter's tips and products are helping you organize your "bloggy stuff." I loved some of the ideas you shared like getting the kids involved, color coding and keeping things accessible. Thanks again!

Kim H. 12:29 PM  

Wow - that looks like a very cool system! Thanks for posting it on WFMW!

annies home 12:32 PM  

thanks for sharing I need a bit of help with organizing thats for sure

Courtney 12:58 PM  

I need to check out these products. especially since we are finally doing our taxes and our paperwork is a total mess!

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP