Thursday, April 16, 2009

Emerging From Hibernation

Today was a beautiful day - the kind of day I've been waiting weeks for and was so ready to welcome with open arms. It finally feels like spring and I am thrilled!

We tend to hole up in our house throughout winter, only going out when necessary or when the beckoning of the snow and sledding hill is too loud to be ignored. Frankly, bundling up the kids just to run a quick errand is not my idea of fun.

But today when I took the kids to the library, we were able to leave the coats, hats, mittens and boots behind. We made our trip sans-jackets, and sans-socks too. Aside from the fact that we couldn't find any when we were getting ready to head out, we really didn't need them. So we did without. I love it!Warmer days ahead means more outings and playing and walks and bike rides and park trips. So many fun things. It means open windows and meals on the patio. It means ponytails and sandals, and countless other things. I am so hooked on warmer weather right now.

I am definitely adding spring time, and all of its accompaniments, to my list of finer things!

Stop by The Finer Things In Life and tell Amy what finer thing you're celebrating today. And then stop by Hooked On Houses to see what others are hooked on this week.

11 comments:

Sonshine 10:29 PM  

Wasn't our weather amazing!!?? Over here we are to have two more days of no rain and highs in the upper 60s!! :) I can't wait!! I worked out in my flower beds today! I have tulips already starting to bloom. :)

Enjoy your weekend!

Frugal Sara 11:53 PM  

I love this weather. I am in Iowa and the temp here today was 68. Gorgeous! I love not bundling kids up to go outside! Now, it just trying to find hats and fighting to put on sunscreen!

Lisa @ Crazy Adventures in Parenting 1:05 AM  

I'm so glad you got out and got some fresh air :) Yay for spring!

Lamp Tramp 7:08 AM  

Glad you enjoyed a beautiful Spring day.

Jennifer Sikora 8:37 AM  

The weather here in KY was beautiful yesterday. I am hoping that Spring has finally sprung and we can leave all the cold days behind us!!

Jendi 12:05 PM  

I'm with you on this one! I loved winter...until I had 3 kids that had to be bundled. I think I will love it again when they're big enough to bundle themselves.

Hurray for spring time!

Laura@HeavenlyHomemakers 12:15 PM  

It DOES feel like we've been hibernating all winter! Our boys have suddenly taken an interest in baseball...and have spend every spare minute outside pitching balls to each other and running around the "bases". I LOVE it!

Amy @ Finer Things 3:00 PM  

Yay for flipflops and outdoor grilling!

Puna 8:11 PM  

It's been cold hasn't it? My husband is ready to move to Florida!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet 9:24 PM  

It has been going back and forth here between cold and slightly warm. I'm looking forward to the upcoming warmer weather!!

Have a great weekend!

Megan 1:01 AM  

We enjoyed a nice relaxing day outside today too. I love spring weather. The blooms, the breeze, the blessings... just a few of the finer things.

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP